Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

yelling at him for nothing :(

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
So aggravated with myself & another mother. Yesterday I get a phone call asking me if I had checked my sons (16) Facebook page, I said no, why ? She proceeded to tell me that he has posted something ignorant on a friend of his's page that was in an accident this Thursday, ( he is in the hospital in a coma). The mom that was calling me was the kids girlfriends mom. She told me what he said, which was you will die. I asked her if she was sure it was on this kids page, & not my sons she swore it was. Threatned to call the cops on my son, & was just furious. said she was sending me the screen shot of it so I could see for myself. I told her i would take care of it as soon as I got home. My son was at a friends house I called him as soon as I hung up with her & laid into him. I have NEVER yelled at my kids like I did him, I don't think I have ever yelled at anyone like that. Told him I was picking him up & hung up. Then I looked at the picture, the pic clearly shows that it is on his OWN page, & that the person above on the post was writing on the kids page... really lady, I am so mad at myself, I get to my sons friend, & try to say sorry to my son, which he is not having. He is like did anyone bother to look at the post above this ? He called the girl & her mom & explained everything, & they did not even tell him sorry. the rest of it was above it, He was talking about what a teacher had told them in school about smoking & telling them that if they smoked they will die from it. It was a 2 part post, as he was posting it from his phone & it took the 1st part first, & posted it. i text her & told her I screamed & yelled at my kid & then looked at the picture :( Her reply was oops sorry... REALLY !!!!!!!!!! I texted her back telling her maybe her & her kid should learn how to use a facebook page before they use it again. I am so mad at myself for yelling at my son. My son is worried about this kid also as is everyone in our town. I just can not believe, I did that with out even questioning him first :( /// Please tell me I am not the only parent who has done this.
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
racheal241977
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Have no clue why it is all bunched together 

I did not write it like that 

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

You're probably not the only kid who's done that, but I would have checked it out first.  Then I would have either called my son and explained what was going on and how it might have been a mistake, and then called the girlfriend's mom and explained to her in no uncertain terms that what she did was uncalled for.  Then told her next time she calls me up that she better know what she's talking about.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Ive yelled at my 14 yr. old son before for something I thought he did wrong, and then come to find out either he just plain wasnt guilty, or I didnt know the whole story. Yes, I felt guilty, but I apologized and it was pretty much over. We as parents are gonna make mistakes, I just think that when we do, its SUPER important to admit youre wrong and say sorry. Life and kids dont have an instruction manual, we are going to make some mistakes. Hang in there mama, hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I'd have checked it first, but that doesn't mean I haven't screwed up before. It happens, say your sorry, buy him some ice cream (who can resist ice cream) and move on. In a few months you guys will laugh about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Hugs I can sure understand why your son is upset, but you said you are sorry and admitted your mistake, we have all screwed up before Mama, hang in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Yep been there done that. You apologized to your son, not much more you can do.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Been there done that. You've apologized to your son now chalk it up to a learning experience~ if anything like this happens again check facts first then discuss.

As for other mom just saying "oops, sorry" after laying into you about the post, I would have made sure she knew that that was unacceptable.

arkmomma06
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Hugs momma.

We have all been in that position. We are allowed to make mistakes.
racheal241977
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Thanks ladies 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:02 PM

We all make mistakes.  Don't beat yourself up.   You have apologized.   Use this as an opportunity to explain to your son that even parents screw up, especially when emotions run high.  Tell him you have learned a valuable lesson, yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN