Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

So they started having sex (long)

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 44 Replies
A little bit of background: Bri was almost 13 when she met Graig. He was her first 'real' bf. I know she was young but has always been years above her peers maturity wise. After only a month, she just ended it. He was devastated. She then asked a boy out at school (her and Graig went to different schools) who turned her down. Then at 13 she attempted to date a family friend who was almost 18. After going camping with my sister (his legal guardian), she came home and admitted that they had had sex. We obviously cut off physical contact between them (they were like cousins up until this point), but did still allow her to talk to him. I didn't really want to but felt she deserved at least that much since she came to us, and also didn't want to discourage her from coming to us with stuff she knew we wouldn't like in the future. Luckily she ended it after a couple months. She didn't date for awhile (her choice) and had a chance to sort of re-find herself. She realized she made a huge mistake in dumping Graig, and that her irrational behavior that followed for a couple months was her trying to erase the pain. They began to reconnect as friends.

March 13, 2012, they officially start dating again. Over the summer, we (along with his parents) could see that the relationship was deep and well beyond the typical teen romance. We could even see ourselves becoming in-laws in the future. They want to finish high school, then get engaged, and then get married. His mom would rather they marry right out of high school so they could then have sex as a married couple. Well over the past couple months, I could see they were really fighting off urges to have sex. A couple weeks ago, she confessed they were ready. Last weekend, she confessed that they had, and I told her I already knew based on our prior talks and the glow on her face. I know many would say have them wait until 18, but what makes that the magical age? I'd rather have mature teens practicing safe sex versus a legally grown adult sleeping around. So, I know he should tell his parents, but they're probably not going to take it well. We are prepared to take him in if need be, but really wish they weren't so focussed on him being married first. How would you handle it? Should I encourage him to tell them or just let them continue to be naive?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Is this for real?

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Glad things are going well for her now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedwith
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

She was 12 and 'dating' now, 13, going on 14, and you guys are talking MARRIAGE???  Not good, not good at all.

VintageWife
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is she? I'm so confused...

Elise1968
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM

This can not POSSIBLY be real.............

lakerfan420
by Jamie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Sorry, somehow part of it posted before I was done.
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Yes, but I wasn't done and somehow posted part of it. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Is this for real?

lakerfan420
by Jamie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I wasn't done and accidentally posted part of it. She's going to be 15 in May, he turned 16 in August.

Quoting blessedwith:

She was 12 and 'dating' now, 13, going on 14, and you guys are talking MARRIAGE???  Not good, not good at all.

Crazylife1994
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Birth control is my only suggestion unless you want to have a grandchild sooner than later.

lakerfan420
by Jamie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
She'll be 15 in May. I had accidentally posted part of it before I was done.

Quoting VintageWife:

How old is she? I'm so confused...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN