Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

"I want to put your dad to sleep forever!!!"

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 18 Replies

that is what my dd boyfriend told her.  She is 14 and he just turned 13.  I went on her facebook to see what she was up too, and to play her games to accept gifts for them. 

He messaged her with a smiley face and said hi.  i did not respond. I saw alot of hearts and I started scrolling up to see what they were talking about.  I did not know she even had a bf.

They just started being bf/gf a few days ago.  Here is how the convo went

DJ  (bf)- I wish i could spend the night with you.

DD- what?

Dj-i wish I could spend the night with you

DD- my dad would never allow that.

DJ- i wish I could put him to sleep forever!!!

dd-what?

dj-nevermind

the next day

dj- I want to kiss you

dd-awww

dj I want to make out with you

dd-whooaaaaa slow down there

dj- sorry sorry

I am very proud of my dd for telling him to slow down, hate that she was put into the position to have to say it.

My main concern is him wanting to put her dad to sleep forever and she was just like what?  and didn't call him out on it or break up with him.

DH doesn't think it is calling the cops worthy, even though when I told him he slammed on the brakes of the car.  thankfully we were on a side road and not a main road.  I will be talking to her this afternoon when she gets home

Would you call the cops?  I don't even know who this boy is, where he lives or anything. I know he lives somewhere in the neighborhood but i don't think its really close as they don't even ride the same bus. 

I am really concerned, I guarantee they will NOT be doing any dating not that I would let her at 14 anyway.

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outtamymynd
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I would definitely ask him what the hell he meant by that, but I don't think its worthy of a call to the police.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Wow, awful from a 13 yo. I would be tempted to call the cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm concerned with the convo only in the sense that it is happening, and yet I'm not really surprised it's obviously a very immature 13 year old. 

Start with your DD, she's to young (although she handled it beautifully) take the ball out of her court. Tell her, not even school yard boyfriends are allowed. Then find out who this young man is, take a screen shot of the convo and talk to his parents. They do need to be made aware of what is going on. 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM

RED FLAG

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Calling the police about a Facebook conversation will lead you do some real headache. Been there, done that. Here's what they will tell you: There is no proof that it was definitely THAT CHILD on the other end of the Facebook. It could be anyone logged into his profile. Until he admits to having done something wrong, there's nothing to be done. What's your daughter have to say?
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Just wondering; how do you stop school yard boyfriends? I had my first kiss in grade 8 (first year of hs here) even though my parents said no boyfriends/no nothing.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'm concerned with the convo only in the sense that it is happening, and yet I'm not really surprised it's obviously a very immature 13 year old. 

Start with your DD, she's to young (although she handled it beautifully) take the ball out of her court. Tell her, not even school yard boyfriends are allowed. Then find out who this young man is, take a screen shot of the convo and talk to his parents. They do need to be made aware of what is going on. 

PurpleHazey
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

After that I might!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I wouldn't call the police.     It sounds to me like an immature 13 yr old boy trying to say what he thinks he is supposed to say to a gf.  He is a child.  I doubt he is putting a contract out on her Dad's head.    Yes, the comment was innappropriate to say the least.   Heck, all of the comments were inappropriate, but I suspect he doesn't understand that.    

Talk to your daughter.   She handled it very well.

Jebekarue
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM

DD and I had a VERY LONG conversation.  It included not letting boys pressure her, by saying things like you don't love me if we don't make love and that sort of thing.  Told her to have respect for herself and NO boy or man would ask her to do that if they had respect for her.  I told her if she wanted to keep it at a school yard bf/gf situation I was ok with it but I wouldn't be happy with it but that they would not be going to each others houses, movies, mall or anything else. 

When I asked her if she understood what he meant by "putting your dad to sleep forever" meant, she said she didn't know, or she didn't read into in that aspect and was surprised when I told her.

When I asked her what she thought making out meant, she said holding hands and kissing. 

Not really sure if I believe her on either of those, she can act naive but I don't think she is that naive.  Or maybe she was saying it cause she was embarrassed to tell me she knew those things. 

I told her I loved her and I know that her dad and I have tried our best to raise her and her brother right, to have morals, to know right from wrong etc and she said we have.  She ended up breaking up with him, but she lied to him about why.  She told him she had to keep up with her studies.  I was going to talk to her about what she was going to say to him if she chose to break up with him I guess she thought it thru enough and saying that would cause the least amount of problems.  Its not you, its not me, its my parents wanting me to keep up with my school work, I don't have time for a boyfriend. 

I left the breaking up decision up to her, because she needs to learn to think for herself.  I gave her the tools (information) she needed to make an informed decision, to think for herself and make the best decision for herself and not me or her dad forcing her to breakup because we didn't approve. 

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree

Quoting boys2men2soon:

No, I wouldn't call the police.     It sounds to me like an immature 13 yr old boy trying to say what he thinks he is supposed to say to a gf.  He is a child.  I doubt he is putting a contract out on her Dad's head.    Yes, the comment was innappropriate to say the least.   Heck, all of the comments were inappropriate, but I suspect he doesn't understand that.    

Talk to your daughter.   She handled it very well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)