Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

3/22 Today is...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:25 AM
  • 17 Replies

NATIONAL GOOF OFF DAY

March 22nd is celebrated as National Goof Off Day.  Our research indicates that this day is also known as International Goof Off Day.  Today is a day to relax, enjoy and goof off.  Do something fun and leave the work until tomorrow.  Everybody needs to take a break from time to time.  It is often so easy to get caught up with the hecticness and busyness of our lives.  So stop, take a break, find something that you really enjoy doing and do it!!

There are many different things that a person could do today…….  go shopping, take a long lunch, play golf, read a book, see a movie, surf the net, play video games, take a nap, and etc.

Do you have any time to goof off today? What will you do?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I do. Dh is taking the 3 year old to a local indoor gym and lunch, which means the house will be all mine from around 10 until the older ones get home from school. I'm planning on a good long soak in the hot tub followed by a nap!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I am definitely going to be goofing off today.  I am not going to be working on anything other than the bare requirements.  I've had such a heartbreaking week with nothing but stress and terrible responsibilities that I had decided to do nothing today before I even saw this.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Watch tv. Be on cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM

not sure what I will be doing today since I just woke up

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I'm going to meet a friend for lunch.

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I have time to goof off tonight. Not sure what I'll be doing yet though!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I get to be the Mystery Reader in dd's class, so I get to be w/ silly 1st graders.  Does that count as goofing off? : )

drfink
by Emily on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting wakymom:

I get to be the Mystery Reader in dd's class, so I get to be w/ silly 1st graders.  Does that count as goofing off? : )

reading in my children's classes was one of my all time favorite things when they were in elementary school.In the lower levels they were kinda supposed to be familiar books.

But in second grade on up it was called mom's reading club and on Thursdays we had extended time to  read chapter books so we went through a lot of books.LOL I picked books from my grade school years .With my oldest I read A Wrinkle In Time to his fifth grade class...haha ...when my daughter got into fifth grade it was one of their reading books.When my youngest went through it was still a reading book. I left my mark...hahahaha ; )

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quoting drfink:

Quoting wakymom:

reading in my children's classes was one of my all time favorite things when they were in elementary school.In the lower levels they were kinda supposed to be familiar books.

But in second grade on up it was called mom's reading club and on Thursdays we had extended time to  read chapter books so we went through a lot of books.LOL I picked books from my grade school years .With my oldest I read A Wrinkle In Time to his fifth grade class...haha ...when my daughter got into fifth grade it was one of their reading books.When my youngest went through it was still a reading book. I left my mark...hahahaha ; )

That's awesome!

Zamaria
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Dh and I are both off today, so we are going to thrift stores just to see what we can find! That one of our favorite things to do. And we are going to dinner this evening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN