Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Just For Fun: Do You Think Teens Should Watch a Birth Video?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Young Men Watch Woman Giving Birth & Their Reaction Is Priceless (VIDEO)

by Kiri Blakeley

I have a confession to make. Birth scenes have always given me the heebie-jeebies. I have a difficult time reading about them (actually, I skip through them) or watching them on TV (actually, I leave the room). So I could empathize with what these two young guys went through. The two men filmed themselves watching a four-minute birth video. And the results are hilarious. And cringe-worthy.

As the men, who look to be in their late teens or early 20s, start the video, they are perplexed that the unidentified woman giving birth is standing up. "Is it going to fall out of her?" one asks. "Nah, they're gonna catch it," replies his friend.

At first, the guys seem relatively calm -- though not exactly reverential. "That's a big woman," one observes. "She's cooking up triplets." (Uhh, that's called being pregnant, dopey head.)

But as the birth continues, their facade of cool rapidly begins to crumble. "Can we skip to the good part?" one asks before they suddenly begin screaming as if they're on a roller coaster or watching Saw IV. "Ohhh, she poopin'!" they holler -- though I give them some props for keeping their eyes open.

"It's fake, it's fake, it's fake ... " one lad begins chanting -- no doubt trying to convince himself of that. Seemingly accepting that this is reality, the boys begin hollering again. "There's some bloooooood just dripping!" one yells before beginning to dry heave.

"How do you stand that?!" one asks (reasonably enough imho).

"I'm sorry, I cannot be in the delivery room," one dude concludes. "I can't do it either, man," says his friend.

Well, at least their future wives know what to expect! Some people found this video really immature, but give the guys some credit. They're young. And I applaud them for watching it all the way through. I don't think I could have. Plus, they seem genuinely concerned about the baby. I could even see the wee glow of baby fever in their eyes. (Though maybe that's just me.)

Perhaps this video should be mandatory viewing in high school.

What do you think of their reaction? Is it funny or offensive?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We had to watch one in the 9th grade girls only and a girl passed out that is how everyone found out she was pregnant.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Ha Ha it will scare the mess out of them. My two oldest was in the room when I gave birth to my 6yr old and they were not even teens then and now they are teens and they say they don't ever want to see something like that again and they will wait out in the waiting room if they have to come to the hospital, lol.

So it might give a good scare to the girls don't know much about the boys besides gross them out, lol.

lakerfan420
by Jamie on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM
My oldest was with me when I had our 3 year old, she was 11. I went in at noon and she was there the whole time until he was born at 6:32 pm. Watching her facial expressions as my contractions intensified was hilarious. Afterwards, she said she couldn't believe I did that 4 times. She currently claims that she's going to adopt when she does want kids, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

That was funny!

When I had #5 my girls wanted to be there, they were 8 and 9 at the time. I was concerned but had prepared them with some vidoe's. We also talked a lot about it. When the day came the 9 year old did well, but to this day swears she is never having kids and she's 20 now. The 8 year old was freaked out, the husband had to take her for a walk. It wasn't the birth part, it was seeing me in pain. 

Then when I had #8, the then 8 year old, at the time 16 decided she wanted to be there again. Yeah, wasn't sure about it, but figured why not? She was amazing, and was such a great helper. She did fine, maybe because the baby came out on her own (unassisted), during one massive contraction. There was nothing to really watch. 

My boys were never interested. 

MrsBLB
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Too funny!  I think it is good for them.  

3mom627
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Love it, boys and girls, definitely teens. They seem to think that is the answer. Then after the baby is born, give it to them for a weekend. My DD had a class in high school where she had to take home a pretend baby for a weekend that was programmed to cry at any given time. She even had to take it to church with her. It was fun until Sunday night when she wanted to get sleep to go to school. 

3MOM627

have a nice day

jadedcynic
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:30 AM

My teen sister was dragged to the births of my niece and my daughter. She didn't get pregnant until after she got married and had a stable income at age 23.

jojo_star
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM

That was awesome!! My oldest two have seen actual, live deliveries, I'm and L&D nurse, and they've job shadowed with me, and were fortunate that we had some ladies who would agree to let them be in the room. My son almost passed out, and my daughter has said she does NOT want to have kids, but, she wants to a be a nurse like me. I think if my younger two don't want to job shadow, I'll show them videos. 

Bonneata
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Yes especially teen age girls. I was 12 when my little sister was born and my mom mother insisted I be at her side. I gotta say I didn't have kids until I was 32. It scared me silly knowing what would happen to my body if I became preggo. 

flprincessmom
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Video???   why not the real thing??? my son was almost 10 yrs old when my daughter was born & he was there for ALL of it, from admittance to hospital to discharge......very intense bonding moments like no other!!!!  He was the 1st to hold her....& he gave her her first name....boy n girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN