Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen son has been getting upset stomach a lot lately but no fever.Any ideas why?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 19 Replies

Just worried about him a little. He's missing school because of it. i know he's not making it up. i've seen evidence,lol. I'm just wondering could it be something he's eating or i worry  if depression can cause things like this. Anyone else experience this with your teen or have any idea what could cause this. He don't seem sick in any other way just stomach cramps, nuasea (last week, not this week and even though he felt nauseated last week he never threw up) and he has diarrhea. He gets better then it comes back again.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Have you taken him to the doctor?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Take him to the dr. There are many things it could be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I would take him to the doc.  Good luck, please let us know how he's doing.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Take him to the doctor.     My son suffers with IBS, so I have been dealing with his 'tummy trouble' for years.    Anxiety and stress can cause your son's symptoms, but so can viruses.   

SugarrCane
Thank you ladies for all the birthday wishes! :)
Monday at 10:52 PM
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Holding in anxiety and stress can definitely cause that. :/

Saphira1207
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I agree with Boys2men.

There are lots of things that could cause it but it sounds like IBS to me.  My son was diagnosed with it last fall.  His is stomach pain with constipation and it's often triggered by stress and anxiety.  And it always gets worse when school starts.  Go figure. :/

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

It could be many things, I agree with those who said take him to the doctor.

My dd gets physical symptoms when she is stressed or anxious. Has he been stressing out about anything?

drfink
by Emily on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Take him to the dr. Around Christmas and earlier in Dec there was a virus that hit our area and school.It was painful ,some had severe vomiting all the way to none ,diarrhea was always involved .It came and went but took a couple of weeks to be really fully well.Miserable

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Stress??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:39 PM

My son had this problem because we told them not to fight in school or they would be in trouble at home.  A boy was picking on him and he was trying not to fight as soon as he got the ok to kick the boys butt he was better and no more stomach problems.  Try to find out if something is bothering him because that could be causing it,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)