Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Facial hair removal

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hi there,

DD1 is being teased for her stash so she wants me to help her remove it.  We went to the store and there are so many different kinds that we left without buying anything. 

Does your DD shave her mustache?  If so, what has worked for her.  Please share.  Thank you.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Removal kits hurt like HELL. Laser is permanent whereas with the OTC stuff you have to do it over and over and over and over... 

mamavalor
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Where is laser done?  In the dermotologist's office?  At the salon?

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Removal kits hurt like HELL. Laser is permanent whereas with the OTC stuff you have to do it over and over and over and over... 

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Google Laser Hair removal and your area

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Laser hair removal is REALLY expensive. I would try taking her to a salon for waxing. Quick, easy and relatively painless when done by a professional also only about
$15 and only needs to be done every few months.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Google Laser Hair removal and your area

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Or threading!!! I've seen threading done and it's also relatively painless and looks cool as hell! I see a LOT of it done in the malls!

02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I saw this done at our mall and it was so quick they were doing eyebrows when I saw it

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Or threading!!! I've seen threading done and it's also relatively painless and looks cool as hell! I see a LOT of it done in the malls!

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Lol I saw that at a mall down by my parents in SoCal but she was using her MOUTH to hold part of the thread, at first I thought cool, then ewww.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcruick
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

My 13yr and I use Sally Hansen facial hair remover. Works great!!

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Salon wax doesn't hurt hardly at all. I would never ever shave facial hair nor use chimicals as it can cause burns.

Waxing isn't a life long thing.... After a few years I actually was able to stop facial hair growth because I started waxing young. Ten minutes is it. DON'T SHAVE IT!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
No shaving! I pluck personally. Threading will eventually leave dark areas, waxing breaks me out terribly, and shaving makes it worse. You might try bleaching with peroxide and lemon juice, but I wouldn't use any chemicals, especially since she's so young. Don't know much about laser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN