Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does your child have a tutor?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 11 Replies

If so, for what?  How long have your child had a tutor?  What is your child's relationship like with the teacher now that your child has a tutor?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM
My oldest went to Sylvan at different points for math, English and writing. Each time was 8 or 9 months. It helped a lot. First was 4th grade, then middle school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM
My son has been at Sylvan for 3 years and will be going at least another year ish until he graduates. My stubborn son doesn't like to apply himself at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clubpenguin
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
My dd goes to math tutoring afterschool. It's really helped with how she thinks about the work. She is better a or to understand what she has to do.
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM
My younger dd goes to math lab after school most days since it's right in between school ending and softball practice beginning. That's always been her tough subject. Anything that she doesn't do at school my oldest helps her with. My oldest has actually been tutoring most of this school year, and got the idea from helping out her sister and a couple of her friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM

my daughter has had a tutor for math ever term since high school began.  the teachers never knew she had a tutor.  this one does and it is a non-issue.

im wondering why it would ever matter to a teacher.

drfink
by Emily on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM

no 

How would effect the teacher- student relationship? It would seem the teacher would be happy the student is understanding and the student would be less stressed because of the help. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

No, none of my kids have had tutors, I wouldn't be opposed to hiring one if necessary. My dd got extra help from her teacher when she took Chemistry.

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

My daughter has had math tutors in the past, and my son has a general tutor once a week.  It has always been a non issue with the school.

Tcsfan
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM

My  youngest dd is 13 and 3/4ths as she would put it and she accualy a tutors about 3 students they are in 3rd 5th and 2nd grad 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Not really. She occasionally does tutoring after school, but it is with the teacher. She doesn't have a separate tutor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)