Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My 16 yr old was put on birth control

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 26 Replies

for heavy periods and cramping.          I have never been on oral BC ,so I am wondering what kind of side affects are there? She is worried about that.

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM

well I never had any from the pill but dont do the depo EVER. it caused me to hve precancer cells on my cervics ( iwas put on it before I was sexually active so they know for a fact thats what caused it)

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I never had any side effects. Took it for 25 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenLystly
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM
It all depends on how it's taken. Does she have the placebo pills at the end of her cycle, or is it constant to avoid periods all together.

I would consult the doctor as side affects vary. Ethe pill basically tricks the body into thinking you are prego, so there will most likely be something that comes along with that.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM

sorry, I have no idea

littlelamb303
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting KristenLystly:

It all depends on how it's taken. Does she have the placebo pills at the end of her cycle, or is it constant to avoid periods all together.

I would consult the doctor as side affects vary. Ethe pill basically tricks the body into thinking you are prego, so there will most likely be something that comes along with that.

the doctor told her she has to start taking it the sunday after her period comes. She will still get her period,it is supposed to be lighter.

coffeemom37043
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:29 PM

With the pill, I never had any side effects.

I had side effects with the patch, shot, and nuva ring.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I have been on oral bc pills of and on (mostly on) the last 20 years and have not had any problem with side effects.

02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM

most I know have had weight gain I have never used it though so I can't help with other side effects

MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I have heard of weight gain and irregular cycles.  Nothing major.  I hope it helps her.  Please let us know how it works for her, it might help other moms.   :)

MJP76
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Didn't you ask the dr when you were in the office?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)