Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

12 year old with impossibly painful cramps...

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter started having horrible cramps last night with all the other symptoms, Headache, feeling yucky and tired, very emotional. 

She hasn't started her menses yet, but I'm certian she has the same horrendous cripling PMS (they have a new term to the extreme kind, I wish they had when I was a teen, or even before my hystorectomy)

What should I do? Sert up an appointment with her Pediatrition or a gyn? My poor baby. I hope she doesn't have polycycstic ovarian syndrome like me, too. Her older sister dodged that bullet.  :(

Advice! Please?!

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Replies (11-16):
ShutterBunce
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Thank you all for your advice. She started this morning and hte symptoms have eased a bit. I think I will give it a month and make sure it isn't a one time deal. The Dr. will take it more serious if it is reoccuring anyway.
(I did check for her appendix yesterday, it didn't hurt there.)

It's great to have a place to go when you need advice. Thanks everyone!

Maverick1957
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I'd go to reg. dr 1st, see what he/she says.  Then maybe to GYN.  I had fibroid tumors that caused horrendous cramps.  GYN said either surgery or wait for impending menopause and hope they dry up, which they did.

Saphira1207
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Naproxyn is a wonder drug for bad cramps isn't it?!  :)  I was bed ridden until I discovered that stuff.

Just so you know - Naproxyn is the chemical name for the drug in Aleve.  It's full name is Naproxyn Sodium.

And the generic version usually works just as well as the more expensive brands.  So if she ever goes off the prescription, you don't necessarily have to buy the name.  I buy a lot of the stuff so I had to do the money research! lol :)

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

My daughter just started in Oct.  She's 13.  She has heavy bleeding, cramping and she has already had an ovarian cyst that ruptured.  We have her on Naprosin, it's kind of like alieve, but this is a perscription.  It seems to help so far.  She has had painfull ovulation since the cyst, but no rupturing of a cyst since that one time.  If that happens a few more times then I will just put her on the pill

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Oh yea, I'm aware of all that.  We call Alieve Naprosyn light! LOL  So far it's working for her, it didn't work for me.  So I'm glad it is for her.  I really don't want to put at 13 year old on the pill  

Quoting Saphira1207:

Naproxyn is a wonder drug for bad cramps isn't it?!  :)  I was bed ridden until I discovered that stuff.

Just so you know - Naproxyn is the chemical name for the drug in Aleve.  It's full name is Naproxyn Sodium.

And the generic version usually works just as well as the more expensive brands.  So if she ever goes off the prescription, you don't necessarily have to buy the name.  I buy a lot of the stuff so I had to do the money research! lol :)

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

My daughter just started in Oct.  She's 13.  She has heavy bleeding, cramping and she has already had an ovarian cyst that ruptured.  We have her on Naprosin, it's kind of like alieve, but this is a perscription.  It seems to help so far.  She has had painfull ovulation since the cyst, but no rupturing of a cyst since that one time.  If that happens a few more times then I will just put her on the pill

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM

And why do I put a "y" in almost any medical term these days???  Sheesh, it's Naprosin lol

MrsBLB
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Take her to the doc.  Good luck and please let us know how she is doing.  Poor baby, how uncomfortable for her...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN