Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Did you throw your child a "Sweet Sixteen" party. If so, what did you do?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 21 Replies

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

we are planning on giving her q sweet sixteen. Just not sure what we will do. Maybe rent a small hall and get a DJ ect. :)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM

We did a family thing, then they went out with friends. They have never really been big on the whole party thing.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
One had a KY Derby party. One had a luau with a friend of hers. Both were at home and were not expensive. Both had around 20 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Nope neither wanted one. My kids aren't the party type.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM

No.   Neither of my sons were interested in a party.

MJP76
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

DD sweet sixteen is this summer, I've been planning it for a few months now. She is having a zombie dance party. She's inviting most of her school (it's a charter school, so only 200 kids). Her party will be from 6-midnight, outside in our Cal-De-Sac. We are having a DJ, catering, and her cake is going to be professionally made. A life size 3ft x 3ft zombie coming out of a grave. 

momsnotafraid
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM

For one of my girls we went to restaurant with her girlfriends and ate "fancy" food.  For one we had a backyard party, catered and fun music that the kids did themselves with swimming too.  For the last one she wanted something more elaborate and because she was the youngest we had more money to spend.  We rented a local parish hall, hired a friend who is a DJ and she invited 150 kids.  We have soda, water and snacks.  My other girls helped decorate and we did black paper on the walls that they had pre-spray painted with glow in the dark/neon paint with fun sayings and we did 100 balloons on the ceiling for a cool look with the ribbon hanging down to help give a false ceiling look to the space.  They had a blast! 

My advice tho is to decide what you budget can allow for and that is what you can do...

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM
My oldest was 16 in 2007. The height of sweet 16. Youngest was 2010 and they were fading then. Oldest went to about 15 parties. Youngest went to a couple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katydon
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I didn't. Her friends took her out for the day :)

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM

My daughter's birthday fell on the week she traveled to Montreal Canada for an international softball tournament.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN