Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I need a new firm king size mattress!! any suggestions?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

My current one is creaking and popping when moving around and getting out.

Any suggestions? 

It doesn't help that I am also entering the hot flash stage and wake drenched!!  Uck!!  Are there mattresses that help with that??

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MJP76
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Put the money up for a temprapedic.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I am in the market for a new bed, too.......so I am interested in reading the replies.   We have always had a queen size, but are considering a king because of my Hot Flashes.   My Dh radiates heat like a freaking furnace!   Between him and our very large, very furry kitty cat, there is barely enough room for me!

I have heard that the Temperpedics are very Hot.  

corgiesX2
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I "inherited" my mothers Tempurpedic after she past away.  I know when she bought it approximately 5 years ago it was over $4000!!!  (My mom only got the best!)  :)

To lay on it is really wonderful but it held my body heat so bad that I would wake in the middle of the night numerous times to "move to a dry spot."  I ended up giving the bed to my brother.

According to the manufacturer, the old models did this but advance technology has made the current ones not hold heat.   I'm obviously hesitant to take that plunge!

Zamaria
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I have a serta, and I absolutely love it. It's a pillow top, but its firm underneath the pillowtop, so you get the softness without sinking. They actually make gel memory foam mattress toppers that keep you cool, and gel memory foam pillows too. They work really well. My mom uses one and she loves it. They're fairly inexpensive I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Serta iSeries firm should cost about $1699.00. It's designed to sleep cool. If you go to serta.com you can read about it and the website will also give you a list of retailers that sell it. I asked my DH, he's in the mattress business.

corgiesX2
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Thanks so much!! I will look into it.

Quoting JC2223:

Serta iSeries firm should cost about $1699.00. It's designed to sleep cool. If you go to serta.com you can read about it and the website will also give you a list of retailers that sell it. I asked my DH, he's in the mattress business.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Serta is great.  I would also get a good mattress pad.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)