Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Help! Question about teen daughter

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
My ex husband takes my 14 year old daughter to the gym all the time, and she told me today that he made her get in the tanning bed after her workout yesterday. How do I handle this situation?
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Made her??? Talk with him to find out the scoop first. Just ask him and say you noticed she went. See what he says.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM

What's the problem? Do you not want her tanning? Or do you have a problem with the gym?

if its the tanning thing, I'd just tell him you don't want her tanning, she's too young and it's dangerous.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I agree 'made her'? Made her how? Do you not want her tanning? Is there a reason he felt she needed some extra color?

If you feel the need to talk, ask him why, then explaing the health hazards of tanning.

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I agree with the pp, define "made her" if he truly forced her to do so, yes you have quite a problem on your hands. If it's simply you don't like the idea of her tanning explain why and ask him to stop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I agree with the others clarify "made her" and discuss with your husband why the tanning bed is a no.

MrsBLB
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I agree with the others.  

daisykat
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Is this a biological father or one that might just want to see a teenage girl in a swimsuit? Either way, you can take her from now on is it's a problem. That is just bizarre. And have a chat with him, and be direct. "Hey, did you make so-and-so get into a tanning be yesterday?"
jojo_star
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Talk to the father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN