Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dorm mate selection

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 8 Replies
Wow this is an interesting process isn't it. Does your child's college do it for you or is your child doing it via fb?

My daughter found hers via fb and has been texting the girl daily. She really likes her so far but they won't meet in person until June. We live on opposite coasts.

How is it going for your child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Dd's school picked hers. Her roomate sucks. She never has talked to dd and now won't even look at dd or anyone else on the floor. She is a real bitch. She has zero friends at school. DD sleeps in her room but is in friends rooms all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
That does suck. What are her plans for next year? Does she know someone she can choose for a dorm mate?

Quoting atlmom2:

Dd's school picked hers. Her roomate sucks. She never has talked to dd and now won't even look at dd or anyone else on the floor. She is a real bitch. She has zero friends at school. DD sleeps in her room but is in friends rooms all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM
A quad apartment or 1quad in a dorm with 3 friends.

Quoting sahlady:

That does suck. What are her plans for next year? Does she know someone she can choose for a dorm mate?

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My daughter's roommate will be assigned to her.  She does fill out a questionnaire to help with the matching process.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
My dd filled one too. Got a terrible roommate. She said she was shy, played tennis, was neither a slob nor a neat freak. Didn't stay up super late. That was about it.

Quoting Carmel63:

My daughter's roommate will be assigned to her.  She does fill out a questionnaire to help with the matching process.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM

You know, I never knew it was this involved to go to college somewhere. 

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

DS number 1 filled out the app and the university selected the roommates they had no say. DD lived off campus from day one and chosse her house but not the roommates. First yr she was lucky all 5 got along great and she loved it. Yr 2 and 3 not so much yr 2 the girls were slobs and it drove her nuts. Yr 3 they were all snobby and after 4 months one of them still hadn't spoken too her.

02nana07
by Ida on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

no dorms at most colleges around here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)