Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Update on SIL's cancer

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 25 Replies
It has been a year since her stage 4 diagnosis. The cancer was in her breast and lung and in Sept it went to her brain. She has done chemo and all the radiation all she can have. Some brain tumors disappeard but new ones have formed. Now she is going to be in a study at MD Anderson in Houston. It is a 6 weeks study starting in mid April. They did one study with this med with no success so they are tweaking the chemo and upping the dose in this new study. I hope this gives her some success. It is terminal and we all know that. This is to give her more time. I have a friend who has more cancer than her and she is 2 years out from the original diagnosis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Sending prayers this helps.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Good luck to her! hope the med's can give her a little more time!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I hope this helps her.

02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Good luck I hope it works and she gets more quality  time not just quantity

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Last study side effects were minimal if any.

Quoting 02nana07:

Good luck I hope it works and she gets more quality  time not just quantity

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

praying

MJP76
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM

That's rough. My thoughts are with you. My grandfather just completed chemo, for his stomach cancer. They are running more tests to see if it has spread at all. In may they are going in to remove his stomach.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Surgery was never an option for my SIL because you open her up I spreads even further than it has already.

Quoting MJP76:

That's rough. My thoughts are with you. My grandfather just completed chemo, for his stomach cancer. They are running more tests to see if it has spread at all. In may they are going in to remove his stomach.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Good thoughts her way.

MJP76
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Yeah. From my understanding that is still a possibility for my grandfather. That they won't know until they open him up. 

My husbands grandmother, that's what happened to her. They opened her up to remove the cancer, and it spread like wildfire. She died a few days later.

Quoting atlmom2:

Surgery was never an option for my SIL because you open her up I spreads even further than it has already.

Quoting MJP76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN