Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

EDIT: My son's exgirlfriend says she's pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post

That stupid liar of an xgirlfriend (and yes she was) is now telling my son he got her pregnant. Now, if that is true he is going to step up, BUT he offered adoption to her since he knows she is not ready for a baby and he's not ready either. She called him a dead beat dad, sent him a picture of an ultrasound with no doctor, no name, no nothing, just a picture. He has not had sex in quite a while with her and she is JUST now coming out and saying she's pregnant. She refuses to give him the name of the doctor, refuses to give him anything other than tell him to pay for the ultrasound. Won't even give him a bill. A week ago she was calling him about how she got raped and he got back with her 2 hours later and she was laughing and giggling with a friend and told him to forget about it. Then the next day she's got a new boyfriend and living with him. What are your thoughts on this? If it turns out that she is pregnant (I doubt) and that it is his (I would require a DNA test and would pay for it too), what can be done if she doesn't put his name on the birth certificate?

He's doing much better now.  He is starting to see alot of things he didn't tell me on the phone because he was so upset.  The "mother' was texting me from the "daughter" phone and telling me all sorts of crap like he will never see that child and her daughter was in indiana and everything.  I told her she is the girl and a seriously bad liar since your states away and calling him from the same phone while he's at work. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
MJP76
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I wouldn't trust her. Not for a second.

CampClan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I would call her parents & ask as one possible grandparent to another how they feel about it. I mean they should know too if she really is! And let them know that your DS does intend to step up while she is pregnant & if she wants to put the baby up for adoption then he will sign his rights over (if that's what he wants).

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I don't trust it either. She should be able to produce a bill. There were also names on my U/S when I was pregnant. Definitely something is off.

Can you call the parents to find out whether she's actually pregnant?

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Quoting Barabell:

I don't trust it either. She should be able to produce a bill. There were also names on my U/S when I was pregnant. Definitely something is off.

No I can't talk to the parents. The last time I "spoke" to a parent and the only time, was a text message from "the parent" from her phone to mine threatening me. When I called the police about it, not only did the cop CORRECT the way I said her last name but laughed and said the only connections that family has is to their drug dealer. I'm not local either so.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Quoting CampClan:

I would call her parents & ask as one possible grandparent to another how they feel about it. I mean they should know too if she really is! And let them know that your DS does intend to step up while she is pregnant & if she wants to put the baby up for adoption then he will sign his rights over (if that's what he wants).

I mentioned the issues with the parents in the previous post. As far as him wanting the baby to be adopted, it was him that brought up the idea.

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Quoting Barabell:

No I can't talk to the parents. The last time I "spoke" to a parent and the only time, was a text message from "the parent" from her phone to mine threatening me. When I called the police about it, not only did the cop CORRECT the way I said her last name but laughed and said the only connections that family has is to their drug dealer. I'm not local either so.

Ouch! That's horrible. 

I would insist that a bill be seen before any money even a thought of contributing to any medical expenses happens. I hope it's all a lie. If that's the kind of environment the girl lives in, could you imagine the kind of environment an infant would have to survive? :(

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I think it's probably a lie and she needs $. He needs to tell her that he will only pay once DNA is established. If she continues tell her you want to see the sono picture in person WITH her name on it and the due date-we all know that they have that on every sonogram picture we've ever seen. 

Don't pay a bill until you KNOW he's the dad. She knows he can be a cash cow... I'd worry about that!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Your son should tell her that she will not be given one cent until she proves (DNA) she is pregnant and he is the Father.    I agree with you, she is just messing with his head.

As for the birth cert, it depends on laws in your State.  

angelique4
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay, hold up! It's all fine and dandy that you are posting so negatively about the girl... but that is YOUR side and this is the internet. You may not like to hear this but that girl may be carrying your grandchild and all you SHOULD do right now is support your son being a responsible man.

Now that being said... you need to stop getting involved in their drama. You need to take a step back... it very well could be that this girl is all you say she is or it could not be but you have to act right now as if this is somehting that your son needs to be responsible for. Legally speaking... your son is not financially responsible until the courts prove paternity. And that is what calmly should be said to this girl. Your son is 24, not a teen or a child... an adult. You need to see that he acts that way... all this back and forth is drama that none of you need in your life. I know, I know... you are going to blame the girl but drama needs someone to start it and someone to feed it. Stop giving her what she wants if that's the case. I'm not saying she's not... I'm just saying that your feelings are charged by what may or may not have happened so just step back, take a deep breath and don't respond when she starts in. You and your son are giving her what she wants... attention. Just simply tell her what is going is between her and your son and while you will love any grandchild you have, you will not be a party to drama beforehand. And have your son tell her that he will be responsible in any way he can but that has to start once paternity is established... until that time she is only to contact him concerning the baby. He needs to be supportive just in case the baby is his... trust me, once she matures... that will mean a lot more than him ranting and raving that the baby isn't his. Either it will turn out it is, it isn't or she will suddenly have a "miscarriage" when she realizes she is no longer getting the attention she seeks.

As for your son suggesting adoption... it's NOT HIS CHOICE. He had a choice to use protection. And yeah, yeah... I know you'll respond that she tricked him... but trust me... that's what EVERY guy says that doesn't want to accept the responsibility for a child he has helped create.

Just remember that no matter what you feel now for this girl... one day there may be a little child in your life that is innocent in all that went on between it's parents and you may just love it as much as your own children.

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM

the ultra sound was fake, it's really easy to get that pic online and print it.  Your son just needs to try and block her.  She's just messing with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)