Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

EDIT: My son's exgirlfriend says she's pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 32 Replies

That stupid liar of an xgirlfriend (and yes she was) is now telling my son he got her pregnant. Now, if that is true he is going to step up, BUT he offered adoption to her since he knows she is not ready for a baby and he's not ready either. She called him a dead beat dad, sent him a picture of an ultrasound with no doctor, no name, no nothing, just a picture. He has not had sex in quite a while with her and she is JUST now coming out and saying she's pregnant. She refuses to give him the name of the doctor, refuses to give him anything other than tell him to pay for the ultrasound. Won't even give him a bill. A week ago she was calling him about how she got raped and he got back with her 2 hours later and she was laughing and giggling with a friend and told him to forget about it. Then the next day she's got a new boyfriend and living with him. What are your thoughts on this? If it turns out that she is pregnant (I doubt) and that it is his (I would require a DNA test and would pay for it too), what can be done if she doesn't put his name on the birth certificate?

He's doing much better now.  He is starting to see alot of things he didn't tell me on the phone because he was so upset.  The "mother' was texting me from the "daughter" phone and telling me all sorts of crap like he will never see that child and her daughter was in indiana and everything.  I told her she is the girl and a seriously bad liar since your states away and calling him from the same phone while he's at work. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

If she doesn't put his name on the birth certificate, there isn't much you can do, unless you've already had a paternity test. A man can request a paternity test, but as long as the mom doesn't want child support, she can't be forced to agree to have the baby tested. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, any ultrasound I had, had my last name and date on it. She sounds like a train wreck. Hopefully your son won't be having sex till an adult now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

She's not pregnant.........just screwing with your son's head.

A girl did this to my nephew..........it messes with the guy's head...that's why she is doing it.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM

If she is pregnant when the baby is born he can petition the court for a paternity test. My brother had a similar issue and he was able to get the test done and he got visitation. The mom at first refused to put him on the birth certificate and gave the baby someone else's last name and my brother fought it in court and is now on the birth certificate and she has his last name. 

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:45 PM

If she expects him to contribute to raising the child and providing financial support, then she needs to prove that he is, indeed, the father.  If she doesn't follow through or cooperate on making sure he is the father, that's on her, not your son.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Quoting atlmom2:

Well, any ultrasound I had, had my last name and date on it. She sounds like a train wreck. Hopefully your son won't be having sex till an adult now.
I should have clarified this, this is my 24 year old son.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I agree, she wasn't even providing proof she's pregnant other than an ultra sound with nothing on it but a picture, like she got it online. Or something.
Quoting OHgirlinCA:

If she expects him to contribute to raising the child and providing financial support, then she needs to prove that he is, indeed, the father.  If she doesn't follow through or cooperate on making sure he is the father, that's on her, not your son.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Oh, she sounds like a liar anyway.

Quoting fantasticfour:

Quoting atlmom2:

I should have clarified this, this is my 24 year old son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SugarrCane
Thank you ladies for all the birthday wishes! :)
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Well, IF she is pregnant it sounds like your son needs to get a paternity test. Hopefully, this will serve as a lesson not to mess with girls like this.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I would find out how far along she is. If they have not had sex in say 3 months and she is 2 months along, it is not his. Still bet she is not pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)