• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PROM TIME ....

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello,

I wanted to get some input from moms out there who have gone through a child going to PROM. This is our very first with our eldest daughter.  A few need to knows:

•  DD and BF have been dating 6 months now
  • We  actually like the BF - Very nice kid 
  • Have not met BF's parents though DD has spent time with them
  • BF's parents love our daughter (from what I hear), invites her to family functions and even a visit with grandma!

So ... Since BF would be picking up our DD for prom , I was thinking of inviting his parents , since I am assuming the parents would like photos of their son during this time as much as we do. We have never met, and they are a bit older than us, not that this matters but thought I would bring that out there as obviously we may have different interest. 

How can I make this first "meet and greet" a pleasant one for all involved... I dont want it to turn awkward, but I'm nervous as this is the first time we're dealing with the whole BF thing and everything that comes along with it. I know its a simple, they come over and take pics of the kids... But would love to hear from people on their experience with the "other" parents ... the kids, and PROM.

Thanks All!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Our girls had pics with a group. Any and all parents were invited to take pictures. Actually prom pics took nearly 2 hours between everyone getting there and girl pics, guy pics, couples pics, group pics. Meet and greets were not awkward other than dd's boyfriends parents. His Mom and Dad and stepmom do not get along. They stayed clear of each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DesignerMom1326
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I do not think that they are talking pics anywhere with other friends, except for our house when DD gets picked up. So assumingly it is clearly just US parents there ..

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Should be quick and fast then. A few minutes. Have to say its fun with big groups. Photos are awesome.

Quoting DesignerMom1326:

I do not think that they are talking pics anywhere with other friends, except for our house when DD gets picked up. So assumingly it is clearly just US parents there ..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)