Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Public Toilet Nightmare...*Edit*

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 20 Replies
Today was not a good day to pee in a public restroom. I went to my son's school to pick them up, and was about 10 minutes early. I drink way too much coffee and diet Coke during the day, and so of course when I got there I made a beeline for the toilets. There are only two stalls in this particular restroom, and whoever was in the stall next to me, obviously the school lunch didn't agree with them. I can handle stinky situations, but the smell was OTHERWORLDLY. I thought, now I know what HELL must smell like. Anyway, I had to pee so bad that I just held my breath.

Well, apparently I didn't urinate fast enough because the toilets there have a self-flushing mechanism, right? All of a sudden I hear this monstrous flushing sound with enough force to suck in a Volkswagon and the worst part- I feel this huge shower of toilet water all over my butt, my hoo-hah, etc. I jumped up and swore-loudly- yes it was the f-bomb in an elementary school- and started grabbing handfuls of toilet paper to mop up my rear end. And I'm thinking, why hasn't the pooper next to me had the toilet flush yet? Why doesn't SHE get a shower?

So, I pull up my pants, etc, and I go to wash my hands. The pooper in the adjoining stall comes out, and it's one of the cafeteria ladies. She smiles and says hi, and walks straight out the door. hmmm... STRAIGHT OUT THE DOOR. Forgetting something? Great, go prepare my kid's lunch with your stinky, unwashed doo-doo fingers. Sigh.

I will be certain to pee super-fast if I ever pee there again, but I'm not sure about the lunch-lady thing. What to do?

*** Edit- Tee hee hee- I have too much time on my hands. So, Last night I was feeling a little salty and I found our county's foodservice guidelines and there was a page you could print up, a small sign, that says "Food Handlers are Required to Wash Their Hands" along with the county statute, etc. Soooo..... I was thinking of grabbing those with some scotch tape and putting them all around the kitchen at the school. Right after I talk with the principal :))))
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I have the flush to soon toilet scenerio happen all of the time, it drives me CRAZY! Good thing I'm not a germaphobe!

As for the nurse....call the school and let them know. That is just gross, of course it is possible she went back to the kitchen and washed her hands there.

daisykat
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
The thing is also, she had to grab the door handle to walk out of the restroom- so after I washed my hands, I'm looking at the door thinking, I'm not touching that, I may be trapped in here forever LOL So I grabbed a paper towel and opened it, then tossed it in the wastebasket. Ugh
PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell the principal.  Describe the cafeteria worker.  Food handlers are required by law to wash hands with soap after using the bathroom.  The woman should get fired.

daisykat
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You'd think it would be common sense, you know? The only thing I can think is that she was embarrassed by the smell she created and wanted to book it out of there ASAP. No excuse though, I know. It's not like I would have said, What crawled up your ass and died? Just wash your hands already.
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM
And my mom calls me crazy for always opening the door with a paper towel. Too many nasty people just don't wash their hands. And yes I'm the lady who will use the outside of her sleeve or the bottom of her shirt in restrooms that don't utilize paper towels. Guess you can say I'm a germaphobe!

As far as the cafeteria lady, I would definitely bring it up with the school. I realize they're supposed to wash their hands before touching food and that they wear gloves, but if she's not washing after using the restroom, who's to say she's actually following all the rules? My sister doesn't usually wash her hands but will if other people are in the restroom. I guess she wants people to think she has good hygiene, even though she doesn't! You're better than me though because I would have probably called her out on it. Something like are you going to wash your hands before you go prepare my child's lunch?

Quoting daisykat:

The thing is also, she had to grab the door handle to walk out of the restroom- so after I washed my hands, I'm looking at the door thinking, I'm not touching that, I may be trapped in here forever LOL So I grabbed a paper towel and opened it, then tossed it in the wastebasket. Ugh

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
daisykat
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM
One time, this was probably 7 or 8 years ago, I was at a coffee shop in the restroom and this woman comes in with her cell phone wedged between her shoulder and ear, cup of coffee in one hand and a sandwich in the other (no plate or napkin) She went into the stall behind me, and in the mirror I saw her set down her sandwich and her coffee on top the back of the toilet before turning around and shutting the stall door. I was stunned. Now THAT was gross.
Jessy613
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Tell the principal.  Describe the cafeteria worker.  Food handlers are required by law to wash hands with soap after using the bathroom.  The woman should get fired.

racheal241977
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM

sitting here laughing so hard from this I have tears coming from my eyes. 

Thank you, I needed a good laugh today... 

Quoting daisykat:
=No excuse though, I know. It's not like I would have said, What crawled up your ass and died? Just wash your hands already.

On a more serious note  I would def tell the principal, Its disgusting, & unhealthy..  I would def not want her serving my child, EWWWWWWWWWW

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I'm wondering though maybe she washed her hands in the cafeteria sink? When my DD worked in the food industry she got taught that even if she washed her hands in the toilet, as soon as she passed that sink to serve a customer that she had to wash her hands in front of the customer. So maybe that was her rule too. I hope it was *shudders*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
daisykat
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Quoting GleekingOut:

I'm wondering though maybe she washed her hands in the cafeteria sink? When my DD worked in the food industry she got taught that even if she washed her hands in the toilet, as soon as she passed that sink to serve a customer that she had to wash her hands in front of the customer. So maybe that was her rule too. I hope it was *shudders*

That's what I was thinking too, but OMG, I think of what she might have touched between the restroom and the kitchen. The bathroom door handle, a counter top, maybe even touching her own face... And I'm not a germaphobe. I'm not saying she's a walking bio-hazard site, and I never really pay attention to whether or not people are washing their hands. But my kids lunch lady... and the ungodly SMELL... I may just make a Walmart run tonight to pick up two lunchboxes and sandwich fixin's for the rest of the year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN