Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

my son wants to move out

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok. Now that my son totally blames me for his breakup with his girlfriend...my 14 year old is bitter and wants to move out and temporarily stay with his aunt (my sister). I love my son with all my heart...what do I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
He needs to get over it. If he is defiant at 14 what is he gonna be like at 16? Has he been this way before or just now??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schoolfirst
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM
No. He's had anger issues since 8 or 9 but now its like the hormones are skyrocketing.I can only pray that he comes tot his senses....it was his first love so u know what that means.
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Ugh... If he's starting this now he's going to go eventually. If this is his first temper tantrum I wouldn't just allow it YET. BUT... it's going to get worse if it's already started and if you can control it by him staying with your sister that might be something I'd consider-eventually.

I HIGHLY suggest getting him into counseling and family counseling for the two of you together. 

arkmomma06
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh goodness...

The hormones of a teenager.....Good luck

Baby1809
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I Would Not Give Into Him. I Am Just Now Going Through This With My Son But He Is 16 And Hasn't Broke Up With Her, We Just Always Fight And He Says I Don't Like Her. He Always Says He Just Wants To Go Live With Grandma. It Is So Hard Now But I Feel If It Would Of Happen When He Was 14 I Would Of Had A Bit More Control. Good Luck.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Tell him No.   He should not be allowed to just move out becuase he is mad at you.   He will likely be angry at you often for the next 4 years.    He has to learn he can't run from his problems, he has to deal with them.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell his ass no, tell him when he's ready to stop acting like a toddler he can maybe visit with his aunt, but that so long as he is going to be an ass he can stay home. No one else wants to deal with a moody teen. Oh and no more girlfriends its obvious he is not mature enough for one!
bluelola
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

He's only 14!!  That's really young to have a serious "relationship" anyway and he's still just a kid.  Why is it your fault?  Maybe he didn't like rules imposed on him?  Does your sister want him to live with her?  Fourteen-year-olds can't just move out.  

LivinDeadGurl
Not feeling well today. Just want to curl up and sleep.
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM

He will just have to get over it.

chattycassie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I have let me teen daughter stay with my mom temporarily while things get heated at home. (she is 14 also) Sometimes it's good for us both to get that "break" we need. I love my daughter to pieces but the teenage hormones are crazy. I would let him as long as it's close and you and your sister are on the same page for rules. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)