Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

my son wants to move out

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok. Now that my son totally blames me for his breakup with his girlfriend...my 14 year old is bitter and wants to move out and temporarily stay with his aunt (my sister). I love my son with all my heart...what do I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (11-19):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Tell him no.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

so sorry you are dealing with something like this BUT I WOULD JUST GO AND BRING HIM BACK. Yes, even if he is kicking and screaming!!!!

By you being strong and SHOWING HIM HOW MUCH YOU WANT HIM  in your life HE WILL RESPECT YOU MORE!!!

02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

If you let him go now kiss him bye because if he comes back he will leave every time something doesn't go his way.  By letting him go he is learning to run from his problems rather than working through them

alisheamonet33
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM

hes fourteen he will get over it as far as moving out tell him NO!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Tell him no.

Maggielaggin
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

We have been going through this with my daughter for the last year.  I had to send her to live with her dad a few months ago, and now she is threatening to run away from HIS house.  We've decided to send her to live with my parents temporarily to help her get out of her teenage funk.  It's awful.  She's 14 as well, and never really had any major issues until she started her menses.  It's like her hormones are in this crazy flux of angst and uncontrollable and unmanageable impulsivity.  Don't get me started on the whole frontal lobe thing...because it really is a thing.  Do what you have to do to get through these years.  Hopefully your sister is a strong advocate of you and the rules you lay down for your son.  Hopefully it is not an easy out for him, and living with her will be a learning experience about living and co-existing in a healthy way with other people. 

Having a troubled teen, truly helps me understand why people send their kids to boarding school.  If I could afford it, I would. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

You wait him out. you dont let him move out. he is 14 He isnt allowed to make adult choices.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya wouldn't fly at my house and what the heck is a 14yr old doing dating in the first place?

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
He's 14. Put your foot down and tell him NO
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN