Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What are your views on these?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 1 Replies

I need advice about the braces issue on getting them, (figuring out a way) & for the disrespect issue (teen entitlement).
I got this txt from my 14 yo dd yesterday. : Omg you need to schudule an appointment for the orthodonist. I got my finger nail stuck between my teeth cause i was trying to get food out.

She says "I NEED TO". First of all what is she doing putting her fingernail in between her teeth & her fingernails are too short to get in between anyway... I told my husband what she sent me & it was so funny he said the same thing. I told her she needs to use dental floss. She said no way. I asked her this morning if she took some & put it in her back pack. She again said no, I'm not going to use dental floss. I told her that's been a problem for years, the dentist tells you to floss, we do also & you don't. You don't seem to care about your teeth so why are you worrying about braces. Her teeth are pretty perfect except one that didn't come down when the rest of them did & it's crooked but it's not in front. All the rest of her teeth are really straight. I wonder if a retainer would be cheaper, & I suppose a dentist can't do just one spot? Not enough money for them... I told her we take her to the dentist every 6 months & our dental insurance doesn't cover braces. I also told her even though she would get braces she would still get food stuck between her teeth. That's not what braces are for. I told her the cheapest we could get braces for would be $3,700 (our cost) She got snotty with me and would she rather have them or a car someday. I walked over to her and told her she needed to watch her mouth, walked away & spouted something else (always has to have the last word). I didn't say anything more. Spring fever, maybe... lol but not laughing really...

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I wouldn't get braces for my teen unless the dentist recommended them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN