Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

4/6 Today is...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

NATIONAL STUDENT-ATHLETE DAY

April 6, 2013 celebrates the 26th year of National STUDENT-Athlete Day.

“National STUDENT-Athlete Day (NSAD), celebrated annually on April 6, provides an opportunity to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of student-athletes. National STUDENT-Athlete Day seeks to honor those student-athletes who have achieved excellence in academics and athletics, while making significant contributions to their communities. Organizations can celebrate NSAD by presenting student-athletes with award certificates, planning special ceremonies and presentations, connecting with young people in the community who support their athletics teams and more.”  (Wikipedia)

NATIONAL STUDENT-ATHLETE DAY HISTORY

National STUDENT-Athlete Day was created by The National Consortium for Academics and Sports (NCAS).  NCAS is an ever-growing organization of colleges and universities.  They have evolved in response to the need to “keep the student in the student-athlete.”  The NCAS was first established by Richard Lapchick in 1985 at the Center for the Study of Sports in Society at Northeastern University and was relocated to the University of Central Florida in 2001.

What sports did or do your teen(s)/child(ren) participate in?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Tennis
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM

My kids play all sports

wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM

We're not a sports family. He likes to ride his bike around the neighborhood, but that's as close as it gets to sports.

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM

My youngest did wrestling last year and baseball since he was 6. This year he wasn't interested in any of that. 

My DD was in Marching Band for 4 years. That's a lot of hard work so I think it counts. 

~~CINDY

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Soccer, basketball and baseball.....  both my sons gave up organized sports before high school.

HockeyDanceMom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM

My boys play hockey and my 13 yr old also plays hockey and my 7 yr old also play soccer. Both of my girls dance and take a gynmastics class through their dance studio.

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

AquariusFemale9
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Gymnastics and dance

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My dd,19, was into sports until she hit high school then she didn't want to be in any sports. She did equestrian riding, cheer leading and track and field, she was a thrower.

ds1, 10, plays football and basketball.

ds2, 7, has played flag football and is trying baseball for the first time this year.

bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I did cheer, cross country, track, jr lifeguards and swim team. My DS did soccer and track. My DD, soccer, volleyball and track
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN