Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you allow it?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 39 Replies

What would you do? My son is supposed to be in his girlfriends quinceañera, however they had a fight and broke up he said he is still going to be in it. 

Ok thing is she told him your family is not invited, and if your mom goes my mom will kick her ass. He still went to practice today. 

I feel he should not be in it. It's going to cost $120 to rent the suit, which I am not paying. What would anybody else do?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexanMomOf6
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM

He ain't a-going......

TexanMomOf6
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM

oh. Watch him to see if he is too possessive of her. It might be he is controlling her and being abusive.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let him go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Well it's up to him really. If he still feels like honoring his commitment, despite being broke up then I would support him.

As for going, why would you want to go? I mean for me that wouldn't really be a big deal unless I was extremely close to the family.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Call and talk with the mom. Don't go on a child's temper tantrum or a "he said" "she said." 

Baby1809
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM

We use to be close with the family but not anymore. However me, my husband, and kids are a close family and we attend everything our kids are in. My kids having been in a few quinceañera's and we have attending all of them. Also when we had my daughters I thought it was a little weird that a couple of the kids parents DIDN'T show up. So I guess it's something we always felt we should do as parents. 

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Well it's up to him really. If he still feels like honoring his commitment, despite being broke up then I would support him.

As for going, why would you want to go? I mean for me that wouldn't really be a big deal unless I was extremely close to the family.

Baby1809
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM

That is what I was thinking, just me an that mother are no longer friends, and she is a little bitter about it not to mention very immature, so I'm just a little worried how that goes. But what would you do if she confirms all is true?

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Call and talk with the mom. Don't go on a child's temper tantrum or a "he said" "she said." 

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

This sounds like a bunch of 12 year olds. 
If you son attends is it a safe environment for him? I'd talk with him about it and any concerns you have. As long as he's safe and WANTS to go? I'd probably let him. 

Quoting Baby1809:

That is what I was thinking, just me an that mother are no longer friends, and she is a little bitter about it not to mention very immature, so I'm just a little worried how that goes. But what would you do if she confirms all is true?

Quoting MamaSnaps:

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this
My family is beyond close, we're a large family and my older kids are always taking the younger ones cause they miss them, so I get family closeness.

However, you're son's at an age where he should be doing things separate from the family unit. They're broke up, but that doesn't mean there can't be a friendship. It's days a lot about how he was raised if he's willing to still honor his commitment.

Quoting Baby1809:

We use to be close with the family but not anymore. However me, my husband, and kids are a close family and we attend everything our kids are in. My kids having been in a few quinceañera's and we have attending all of them. Also when we had my daughters I thought it was a little weird that a couple of the kids parents DIDN'T show up. So I guess it's something we always felt we should do as parents. 

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, first confirm that the girls's Mom issued a threat to you.    If that is true, No, I would not allow him to go.    If a grown woman, a Mother of a 15 yr old, is that immature and trashy, I would not want my son anywhere near her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN