Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen dating

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 19 Replies
How old would you allow your teen daughter to have a boyfriend . My daughter is 14 and she has a boyfriend but he only a friend . She have to wait till she is 19 . I don't allow that.
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabrtooth1
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Well honey, if she has a "boyfriend ", you DID "allow that".  The only way he is NOT a "boyfriend", is if she is NEVER ALLOWED to spend any time with him, except at school, or at CAREFULLY supervised group activities.  Which is what we did with our daughters, and boys.

bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM
No boyfriends yet she's only 15 and a freshman in high school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM
She's also too busy with school, volleyball and friends. Keep your Dd too busy to have boyfriends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Not allowed to have BF's. She'll be 15 this month!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Mine's 21 and I *still* don't really allow her to date. I guess I'm kind of lucky that she's too scared to step out and meet people. She just stays at home talking to her friends and playing games online.

newlife2013
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:29 AM
It is hard, maybe senior year of high school so she could be mature for it, if he is a good kid they will enjoy their time together wo rushing things.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd is 14 and she has a boyfriend. Which for her means he can hang out at my house supervised or he will meet with us at the playground when its nice. Most of the local kids hang out at the playground. Kids as young as toddlers al the way up the to late teens. She is not allowed to go on dates or any unsupervised vits till she's 16. They also text a lot as well. They go to different highscools which I'm happy about.
rebeccasmly
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Since we have 3 teens currently and none have wanted to date, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. We have always had very open discussions about what we expect when they do start dating. There won't be any unsupervised dating any time soon, that's for sure. The rest will be handled as it comes up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lakerfan420
by Jamie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
My oldest will be 15 in a month and has been back with her current bf for 15 months. Long story on the bf she had in between. She had her first real bf at almost 13 (also her current one). I'll admit that's younger than most maybe agree with, but it works for her. My 13 yr old dd has had an at school bf, but that lasted all of about 4 days and she even acknowledged that she's not ready to date like Bri does. She's still interested in someday marrying either Justin Bieber or Jacob from Twilight.

I've never had a set age that I would allow my kids to date, I've always figured I would base it on their maturity level and their performance in school. Even my oldest who is in a very serious relationship, she has to have a life outside of him. My younger dd is younger than my oldest was when she started dating for real, but they're 2 different people. My oldest is years above her peers while my younger one is more average, maybe even a little younger. I wouldn't want my younger one dating just because she's old enough, just as I wouldn't want to hold my oldest back from a natural part of life just because she hadn't reached some magical age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM

My 13 year old has a "boyfriend" which means he's the boy who walks her to the bus in the afternoon.  To actually date, they have to have their drivers license because I want them driving on the date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)