Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Sickeningly proud mama-enough to drive you nuts!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Tonight was our banquet for Varsity Wrestling and I am a proud mama! 
My son was the only freshman to make the team this year. There was one 7th grader at 99lbs. There are 15 kids who wrestle first string and mine was one of only 5 who had 25 or more wins, placed 7th in the section for his weight and has now officially lettered in Varsity for 3 years in a row and in 3 schools!
I am praying that it continues on next year!

As much as I am proud of him, I am so proud of the entire team and coaching staff-they are out of this world!!!
This year we went from a nobody team in class DD to Class B with state ranking and winning Class B championship over 17 other teams-a couple of which are amazing!

My son has been wrestling for 11 years now and this year I will watch the first of the kids who have wrestled all 11 years graduate-plus a cousin we're close to. The wrestler that's been with him from day one has been through some really rough times and we've been pretty close to him. He's an amazing kid and he's very much self made-not so great parents. I have helped him to get into the alt ed program so he could wrestle and graduate. There is so much history there. I am so far beyond proud of him. The way I am handing it? You'd think he was my own kid!!!

I made the slideshow today and bawled the whole time... Then we played the slideshow-ad I cried like a baby. THEN they handed out the awards and I cried some more. It's not even graduation yet!!! I am never going to survive this. What the heck am I going to do when my last two and the foster graduate? TRAIN WRECK???  

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM

where do you live here they don't start wrestling here until middle school and if your son has been wrestling 11 years does that mean he started in pre k

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Kinder. We held him back one year in elementary school. Youth wrestling is a national sport. You may not know about it, but it's there! We are in NY

Quoting 02nana07:

where do you live here they don't start wrestling until middle school and if your son has been wrestling 11 years does that mean he started in pre k

drfink
by Emily on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

way to gobrag on ...well deserved !!! Tell him CONGRATULATIONS from us.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! Thanks for sharing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats thanks for sharing Mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow that is early but they learn better at that age.  Where I went to school and where I live now they both start 7th grade that is why I asked where you live.

clappingway to go

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Kinder. We held him back one year in elementary school. Youth wrestling is a national sport. You may not know about it, but it's there! We are in NY

Quoting 02nana07:

where do you live here they don't start wrestling until middle school and if your son has been wrestling 11 years does that mean he started in pre k

ansu16
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratz he's a real stud, u shud be proud
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to him and the rest of the team!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to him

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Our school starts in 2nd/3rd grade. Wrestling is big out here also. Our coaches son has won state 3 years in a row. 

Congrat's momma, it's something to be proud of and something brag worthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN