Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Worst phone call a mom could ever get -- PICS ADDED ON PAGE 3 added more pics on page 5 & the last pic is kinda graphic

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:15 AM
  • 58 Replies

My 16 year old son Luke was in a car accident tonight, A pretty serious one. He was the passenger & the whole passenger side of the truck was smashed. We just got home from the hospital & he is OK THANK GOD !!!!!!!!! He did not have his seat belt on, which I was pretty pissed off about until the hwy patrol told me he would NOT have lived had he had it on. He told me this as he was handing me his ticket for not wearing one. He is pretty banged up. but all in all he is ok. this mommas heart is breaking right now even though he is ok. He had me take pics but I will not post them. Will go see the truck tomorrow.

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marney.p
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Glad he is Ok. All that matters is he survivied.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Be patient with him. Be prepared to be his rock more now than ever. The shock hasn't hit yet. 

I was in a narly accident when I was 18 and I was the passenger. Unlike your DS my seatbelt saved my life. The Staters and EMT's said they almost lost me twice. It'll be 23 yrs this next August since that day that changed my life forever. I will never forget it.

If you need to talk or anything if it means helping you and your family helping your DS cope feel free to PM me.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Thank The Lord he is okay...,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
im_2_xblessed
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Hugs and prayers to all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM

I'm so glad he is o.k.  My dd's 19-yr-old friend was t-boned by someone who ran a stop sign at full speed in February.  She was wearing a seatbelt.  She spent almost 6 weeks in the hospital, had multiple surgeries, and is still in physical therapy.  It is so scary.  My dd's off at college, and I am glad she doesn't have a car there.  The university she chose doesn't allow cars for the 1st 2 years. Thank God your son was able to walk away. 

arkmomma06
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Glad he is okay
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kthomasson
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I'm so glad he's okay!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

So glad he's ok

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Glad he is okay, at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM

So glad he's ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)