Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

some rules NEED to be broken

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
8 moms liked this

We have a no food in the bedroom rule... but tonight that rule HAD to be broken.  My two daughters are having a sleep over.  My oldest, a senior, asked my youngest, 5th grade, if she wanted some sister time.  I think they are both a little sad about college.  They are cuddled up in the older's bedroom watching a movie on a portable dvd player and plan on spending the night together.  So I made hot coco and cookies and brought it up to them in bed.  They were SO surprised and excited.... yeah, some rules need to be broken!

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I probably would have said - Yeah, sure have it in here. Just make sure the floor is vaccummed first thing tomorrow :P But then again our house has a mouse issue hence why I would have said that. But so glad your DD's are so close :)

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree!   They will always remember the night Mom let them have cocoa & cookies in bed!   Good things happen when sisters bond.

When I was 14, my 19 yr old sister moved back home for a while.  I was so excited to have a sibling at home again! (I am the youngest)  She worked swing shift and arrived home around midnight.  I would wait up for her with a snack ready and we would hang out until we were sleepy.   Good times.

cat4458
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM

yes, I agree.  All in the name of sister bonding! That was nice of you and will be remembered. I hope they have a nice rest of the school year & summer together! I bet she will miss her big sis & visa versa!

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Aw, what a sweet memory for everyone!

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

You rock, mom!

you rock

drfink
by Emily on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM

very sweet , making wonderful memories !

jojo_star
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM

:) That is so sweet!

elkmomma
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Oh now that is soooo sweet. 

jazzgirl205
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for the story.  Love to all.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Absolutely!  Sometimes rules need to be broken to create a happier memory.  I don't think the rules were broken but perhaps just forgotten for the moment while everyone looked the other way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN