Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Graduation gift ideas?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 13 Replies

We don't know what to get my SS for graduation. Don't want to just give him cash (which he doesn't spend anyway) but is anything "special" for a boy? He has an older laptop and I can't really afford a new one right now, nor has he complained about it. Doesn't need phone,headphones, tv, car stuff, nothing! Nor does he DO anything like sports, fish, movies, etc. A girl I would get a piece of jewelry. DH doesn't think he would want a watch either. I just don't know!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Is he going away to college?  If he is how about luggage.

Bertieb
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

That would be a good idea! He is going to college about an hour away but he doesn't have a nice bag and will be doing a co op next summer which may be farther. Maybe a nice leather bag from Fossil or somewhere.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I always focus on what they will need in college.  Provided the person is going to college.  LOL.  I have bought micro-recorders for recording lectures, day planners for scheduling their days, things like that.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I am curious to hear what everyone has to say. I have two of "my boys" graduating this year. One is going to college for Bio-medical Engineering. The other is entering the family's drilling business for 2 years to afford college. 
By "My Boys" I mean 2 of my wrestlers-the one going to college is a second cousing to my kids. The other is a kid who has been on the team with my son since day one. He's had some rough knocks in life and we've helped him through a lot. I am the "team mom" and have been for YEARS now. This is going to kick my heart!!!!

I REALLY like the leather bag from fossil or similar for your SS!!!!  

sabrtooth1
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Rather than a luggage sized piece, I would suggest a backpack or computer bag.  All the college boys use them to transport not just their 'puters, but also markers, pens, pencils,  lunch, a water bottle, etc around campus. 

And as far as a 'puter, my dd is a HS teacher, and just got a Chromebook.  She said the kids are getting them in addition to their laptops because they are lighter to carry, and easier to keep secure.  And since so much of "work in progress" is on the cloud now (including her grade programs, and her lesson plans) she finds it very easy to switch back and forth among devices.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Kids need money for college
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Money or a laptop. Every kid in college needs a new or newer laptop. Kids don't need luggage. Dd put all her stuff in boxes to move it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM

We gave our sons Laptops.    One of the best gifts my son received was a Gas Card.   A tablet may be a good idea... they are easier to lug to class than a laptop.      Luggage is a good idea...maybe a rolling duffle bag.

suesues
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:59 AM

gift card to movies or food places or malls I know my kids love cash only

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Will he be going off to college?  If so some luggage would help out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)