Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let them go....

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

Or not? As I am sure you all know the City of Boston (my home) was a very scary place to be this past week. My DD is in freshman in high school and is going on a school trip with the band for a competition. She will be gone for 3 days. I can't lie I am very scared after this past week to let her go. We have talked about keeping her cell phone on her at all times, checking in a couple of times a day. I don't want to run with my tail between my legs but I am second guessing myself about letting her go. I am not posting this to start an argument but more just to see what other moms would do. Last Monday my DD had plans to be at the finish line with some of her friends. The coach called a practice that morning so they were unable to go. That was to close for me. 

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would let her go. As hard as it is to go through such a tramatic event so close to home, you don't want to live your life in fear.

MonkeysGrammy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Before moving to Fl we lived in Ny. We were there for the 9/11 attacks. Letting our boys go anywhere after that was needless to say more then scary. However, fear cannot take over your life. If it is something she has really been looking forward to and working hard for then my opinion is to let her go. Don't let them take that away from her! good luck

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I guarantee you that right now that city is safer then it ever has been and ever will be. Last week was a scary time, but it shouldn't rule your lives. Let her go...

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Let her go.  I would not choose to live in fear.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Let her go. I agree, we can never live in fear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I would be worried too so I am not much help.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting 02nana07:

I would be worried too so I am not much help.

hugs

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you ladies for all your support. I want her to go. She is such a brave young lady and nothing scares her. I didn't even give it a second thought until my mother and sisters starting saying that I was crazy to let her go. 

drfink
by Emily on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you are letting her go. I have come to realize we need to be cautious but something bad could happen anywhere.People have been hurt during a church service.The truth is we are safe most of the time.Sometimes I have to remind myself of that.

Does your mom and sis know mine ?That is exactly what they would /have done also.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Let her go!   If she isn't too afraid, don't put the thought in her head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)