Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Who is the designated laundry washer in your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,
Who is the designated laundry washer in your home? Is it a family effort?

juggling

by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
metalmomma86
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I do my own. 15 year old does her and her sisters. 13 year old folds it and puts it away. And by puts it away, I mean leaves it in the basket
vtmommyof2bratz
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM

i do it all - i take it all to the laundromat and that is my peace n quiet time - no one is allowed to come with me lol

cat4458
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

As I read all the posts I think it is really good that there is so much diversity on this subject.  I was my laundry & my dh's & our dd washes her own & throws some of ours in with her's if she sees they need to be done.  She is really a good laundress (however that word is spelled).  Trial & lots of errors but we hung with her & she does almost as well as Mom now. lol

Brehi
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We each wash our own clothes but I wash the washclothes,linen and towels from my bathroom and the kids wash the ones from their bathroom.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I wash the clothes for me and hubby and anything that needs done immediately.  Other than that, the kids do their own laundry.

Msgme
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I take all the laundry to the laundromat once a week.  twice  if i forgot stuff  lol.  But my girls come with me and help alot.  they also put all the clothes away for me.  so its kinda a family effort.  Dh helps by staying away from my laundry and not destroying it.  lol

02nana07
by Ida on May. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM

everyone does their own and will do others if they need more to make a full load

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM

family effort. 

Teenage son does his own laundry. My husband and I split ours. He has more household duties than I do, so I do a little more laundry than my husband does.

joyfulmom30
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I am. No, it's not a family effort.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Mid week laundry I take care of and the weekend (which is the bulk of it) my daughters and I tackle together.  My little man likes to help with the towels (he is 6). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)