Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is the designated laundry washer in your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,
Who is the designated laundry washer in your home? Is it a family effort?

juggling

by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
Sunshine2plus2
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Me

Manth
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I do it, although my teens do know HOW to do it.  Mainly, I refuse to use the dryer unless it's urgent - mostly I hang clothes in the fresh air to dry (and have a covering over my washing line so it can be used even in wet weather).  So it's not practical to have the girls do their own washing since they can't do it first thing in the morning and hang to dry like I can.  They put away their own laundry though - and if they DON'T put it away and it gets left lying around I charge them 10c per item to put it away (and socks count as PER SOCK, not per pair) for every item not put away within 24 hours.  Losing that much allowance soon taught them it was better and easier to just put everything away neatly before going to bed.

Momofmenagerie
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:35 AM
I wash/ dry and hampers for all I only fold and put away mine and tot's. My husband and 13 yr old are to put theirs away. 13 yr old does it with a little prodding ( and never folded, but his choice, I just need the hamper back.
DH prefers to root around in his hamper. *sigh*
If it bugs me bad enough, somedays I'll do his, but I expect a " thank you honey" and even prompt him in a sing song voice. Hah!
mudwrap
by New Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Family effort
Momofmenagerie
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Hah! My son would NEVER wash his towel! " whut? I'm clean when I use it!"
Hahaha!

Quoting Brehi:

We each wash our own clothes but I wash the washclothes,linen and towels from my bathroom and the kids wash the ones from their bathroom.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I wash all the clothes in our family.  I do not want anyone messing with my laundry room!

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I am- I'm kind of picky about how things get washed and dried. The one exception is dh's tshirts- he does those most of the time.

May is STURGE-WEBER

Awareness Month

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I am,  but my older daughter takes over when school is out of session

MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Wait a minute...We have a choice?? JK, now that we live with my in-laws I am the only 1 "allowed" to use the washing machine other then her (it is a woman's job you know?) However, when we lived on our own in the "real world" our 3 boys got to choose. 1 had to cook dinner, 1 did that days wash and 1 did the dishes and took out the garbage. Those were great fights to listen to!! I cooked this nice hot meal (says 13 yr old) so you do the laundry & I need my good jeans for school tomorrow!! haha those were great times!!

Bonez 8-3-91 Bear 4-13-94 Stinky 9-26-97
kissing dad       bear with heart      ninja

jthompson1976
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I wash clothes for my self , daughter, and husband. My older boys wash theres some times I beat them to it. I like doing it for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)