Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Advice Needed: Found vicadin in my step sons pants pocket Told his...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 24 Replies

Found vicadin in my step sons pants pocket. Told his dad and he did nothing except believe that it wasnt his. How can I help the boy and make dad pay attention

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Do you and your husband have full custody of your step son? Are you on good terms with his bio mom?

MrsBLB
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I was wondering the same things.

Quoting Barabell:

Do you and your husband have full custody of your step son? Are you on good terms with his bio mom?

MonkeysGrammy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Just a couplef questions?? How old is he? How many did he have? Whose did he say they were? Or why he was holding them? I ask because I have been down that road and just veered off of it, and it is a VERY scary place to be :(

My World...My Life...My Boyz..

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja         (MonkeysDaddy)

bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I would sit him down and talk with him, this is something that is really important and needs to be addressed.

kimberchelle
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM

We have custody and we do not know were mom is no longer in the picture and unfortunatly has not been for around 7 years.

kimberchelle
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM

He is 17 and last year did experiance a broken wrist he has expressed to me on numerous occasions how much he liked the pain pills and I tried to explain that he liked them because he was in pain. I only found one but he works 20 hours a week and only goes to school for 3 hours a day because he is a senior. He is broke the day he gets paid and cant even stay awake to eat dinner on most days. He claimed the pill belonged to his bf mom and that the other boy dropped it and he picked it up. However on the day I found it he got a call he simply said I am at home he went outside met a kid then sat in his car for 15 min then came in counted about 8 dollars and said his friend owed him money then went to bed for 6 hours. I want to help but not sure if I even can without his Dad

Momabear455
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I think you should keep trying to talk to your husband until he listens!! This is serious business and he needs to not take it so lightly!!

kimberchelle
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting kimberchelle:

Found vicadin in my step sons pants pocket. Told his dad and he did nothing except believe that it wasnt his. How can I help the boy and make dad pay attention

you are right!!! I am trying and I guess I will continue trying I just feel I am the bad guy in it all
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
It is illegal without a prescription. Your dh needs to get his head out of the sand. Sounds like he is addicted if he can't stay awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autismma
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

There are huge red flags that need to be addressed immediately. This definitely sounds like he has a dependency. The sooner he gets help, the better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)