Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

not sure what to with this kid. scary**** update

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 30 Replies

My dd has this ex friend who was no good for her. He was very manipultive and to keep her in check he would threaten how'd hurt himself. He never did anything that I was able to involve the law buti did everything I could to keep him away from her. They kept trying to sneak seing eachother and she kept getting caught. Eventually under total supervision and counseling we got rid of him. From early oct till end of nov we didn't see him at all. Out of the blue he dropped off a birthday present for her but we didn't see him that day he jusr droped it off. We didn't see him again until mid dec when he started taking the same subway as her but they didn't talk. He would show up at the subway oncw in a while. Early feb she started taking the subway wirh anorher friend and we didn't see stalker boy again untill 2 days ago. He dropped off a note that just said he was leaving her life and hel will see her again in another life. The leter was not specific but it had a suicide theme to it. Then he started posting on fb everyrhing he's been feeling and he's very angry. Scary angry. We couldn't see the messages at first because they each have eachother blocked on fb but her friends called to let her know. The wholenthing was just creepy. I probably have seen to many lifetime movies but this kid just doesn't seem right. He's talking about how he gets these really bad headaches when he thinks about her. He wrote some stuff that shows he's been seeing her even tho she hasnt seen him. He didn't cross any lines that I could contact the police with but I'm nervous. ( forgive the typos. My tablet is. A pain in the ass and has a mind of its own )

Update***  I went with my dd to the police yesterday bringing everything i had with me.  As I suspected there is nothing they can do because he hasnt done anything.  Basically he hasnt had any contact with her in 3 months.   He was at the subway again this morning (thank god she's not alone on the subway) Sometime this weekend i'm gonna go and talk to his parents again.  I have to bring along  someone to translate for me cause they dont speak english or I would of already went.  I know they are afraid that the authorities will find out they are not exactly legal so i'm gonna tell them if they don't keep him away i'll have no choice even tho i know the police can't do anything yet.  

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I would bring it up with the police anyway. Let them know something is odd about it and see if you can get printouts of the FB comments from her friends just to cover your bases.

Are they school age? If so, let the school know to be aware of him hanging out / stalking her.
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM

How old is your daughter and this ex friend?

It doesn't hurt to make the police aware of this situation.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Ask her Facebook friends for screen shots of his posts.   I would notify the police and the kids' parents.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Quoting Barabell:

How old is your daughter and this ex friend?

It doesn't hurt to make the police aware of this situation.

They are only 14. I think I'm gona gather everything that I have and bring it the police station. All of it is creepy. Last summer he was in another country and life was peaceful well once I rook fb away from her. She started hanging out with friends again. One of the kids she hung out with was a boy that he knew. They both admirtes to liking eachother but that's all it was. He one was one of many kids at my house most of the summer. We'llin thebirthday gift stalker boy dropped off includes the book I know what you did last summer. In his recent fb rant he mentioned how angry he was about what she dis last. Summer. I also found out he's no longer in therapy. (Sorr again for the typos. This tablet really hates propper spelling and grammer)
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Wow, he is so young to be going down such a negative and obsessive path already. It's kind of sad. Are his parents aware of his behavior? Or are they kind of MIA from his life already?

I feel for your daughter too. She's so young to be dealing with this. Plus, it doesn't even sound like they were dating or anything, yet he's obsessed with her.

I hope the police are able to provide some kind of assistance. Do they go to the same school? Is there a school guidance counselor that can talk to the boy and keep an eye on him?

Msgme
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting boys2men2soon:

Ask her Facebook friends for screen shots of his posts.   I would notify the police and the kids' parents.

I have all of the fb stuff. My dd can't see it from her page but when I typed in his name from mine it showed up. I called my dd's counselor to give her a heads up. Even tho my dd says its not upsetting her.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Quoting Barabell:

Wow, he is so young to be going down such a negative and obsessive path already. It's kind of sad. Are his parents aware of his behavior? Or are they kind of MIA from his life already?

I feel for your daughter too. She's so young to be dealing with this. Plus, it doesn't even sound like they were dating or anything, yet he's obsessed with her.

I hope the police are able to provide some kind of assistance. Do they go to the same school? Is there a school guidance counselor that can talk to the boy and keep an eye on him?

His parents don't give a crap about him at al. I went to them when he was displaying signs of being suicidal and they didn't care. They said straighr out they didn't care. They did give me his therapists number and told me ro bother her with. It. They are not in the same school anymore but they were last year. They did "date" last spring for 3 weeks but they never actually dated. The more i tried to kep them apart the more determined she was to keep him in her life. She believed she was in love. And she was really scared he would hurt himself if she didn't keep talking to him. Which he used that fear for all it was worth.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
The parents might care if the police get involved. Since his parents seen incapable of getting their son help, maybe you can force the issue by getting the police involved.
Msgme
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Quoting luckysevenwow:

The parents might care if the police get involved. Since his parents seen incapable of getting their son help, maybe you can force the issue by getting the police involved.

Except he hasn't broken any laws yet. When I went to the police last time I had more to tell tjem and they couldn't do anything. I can't even get a restrraining order yet. This time I have a fb rant about how angry he is and how he needs to stay away from her. He's not even threatening to hirt hi,mself anymore. She has spmeome with her at all times when she's outside . There has been so ,any thimgs that I've suspected nut never had any proof of. Like the only way into my apt without a key is thru two windows. One is in my sons room which I've secured and ome in my dd's roo, which has the fire escape. I can't put a guard on that window andnthe frame is really old that the lock doesnt really work. Things have gone missing. First was a bra that she left on her bed. A few otjer items of clothing. A teddy bear and. A cpl pieces of. Jewlery he made for her. It wasn't in one shot so we really kind of thought they we just misplaced. Untill we thought about al of the missing item. I now have an alarm. In the apt with motion detectors a camera system and my pitt hangs out in her room when we are not home. Never had any proof it was him.
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN