Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Help:I think that I have finally lost it!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

I really think that I am DONE. My life is so dysfunctional!  I'm married 20 yrs. in June and we have twins who will be 16 in June.  My marriage is less than awesome and my kids don't really like me.  They have no respect for anything that I say. Well, my husband doesn't either. I am sooo tired.  I don't believe in divorce and I love my kids. I just feel like I need an extended vacation by myself. I can't decide if I should go have my medication increased so the fact that I am so lonely and sad doesn't hurt so much or if I should just try to make the most out of it and live my life to please me.  Any advice??

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think a counselor would help. They would know better than we would if your medication should be adjusted or whether you need to make personal changes in your life.

My only advice offhand is that you cannot change other people, but you have the power to change yourself and your emotions.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you need an outlet for yourself, a hobby that you enjoy.   Sometimes, focusing more on yourself will lead to a different perspective on relationships with others.

Bertieb
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry you are feeling this way! I was on medication when I had a life like yours. My marriage lasted 24 years.  I didn't believe in divorce but my husband did, so I didn't have any choice on that part! It's four years later and I have a new husband and life, and no medication after 14 years of being on it! I too have a 16 yr old and know how they feel about us much of the time.

I'm not saying you should walk away, just saying life can change for the better with or without him if you find something to focus on. Mine was rebuilding a new life, and I read lots of books and saw a counselor.  If you stay together start focusing on how to communicate again and find something in common.  You should try to get him to go to counseling or just go alone and let somebody help you see how to bring back some happiness. I hope things get better.

drfink
by Emily on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Your meds shouldn't just flatten you out so you accept less in your life.I think you may need to have them re-assessed.A good combo of the correct meds and some talk therapy will you the ability to be more involved in your own life. boys2men is correct look for something YOU will enjoy doing . Also as you feel better your kids may act out a bit with a stronger mother but it will be what is best for them.

Get some help with your depression and re claim the life you deserve.

susankl
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

That's the thing. I don't believe that it is depression. It's my life.  I am just trying to figure out how to live the rest of it. 

Susan

supercarp
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Your kids treat you as they see their dad treating you. By accepting bad treatment you are doing them no favors regarding their future happiness. People aren't happy with themselves when they mistreat others. Get marriage counseling.

02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM

If you can maybe have a girls night out once a week that will be something to look forward to.

As far as the kids go don't allow them to treat you bad and stop doing anything at all for them until they appreciate you the same goes for your husband. 

oscarsmom70
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I'm sorry you are dealing with this!! If you think it would help to talk to someone, the organization I work for offers phone counseling. You can reach our counselors (at no cost to you) by dialing 1-855-771-HELP (4357). They’re here Monday through Friday between 6:00 A.M. and 8:00 P.M. (MT).  Praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN