Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you want your child to attend an Ivy League school?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 62 Replies

If so, why?  And how are you preparing for a higher chance of getting in?

I am just curious because it seems like there is such a high intensity of parents and kids out there via for the Ivy Leagues.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine are in college, but they are not smart enough. If they were the answer would be hell no anyway. Dh went to a state school and makes more than most Ivy League grads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xstitchinmom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM
My dd will be a HS senior next year...she doesn't want to go to an Ivy League School and she's almost a straight A student. She wants to get a bowling scholarship at a local university. Who cares where one gets their degree...we have all worked our asses off for it.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope. All my kids want to be chefs so far. Ivy League is not in line with that. My daughter us going to the Culinary Institute of America in the fall. We are so proud.
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My Ds attends an Ivy Laegue school, it was his choice I never would have pushed it.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM

No, not really.   I have no desire to have my sons 3000 miles away, I can't afford an Ivy League, and my sons are not interested.    It is too late, anyway.   One graduated from a local University and the other one is currently attending the same school.

cege
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM

If that's what one of my kids really desired I'd support them but I'd also let them know that the extra expense would be taken care of in the form of student loans.  However, neither of my kids are good enough students to get into an Ivy League school so it's not an issue.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

If mine wanted to, I would support them.  They wouldn't want to tho.

jojo_star
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Sure, it'd be great, since those school have high standards. 

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I don't really care if it's Ivy League or not. My son (on the other hand) is seriously considering Cornell for their wrestling program. He knows he's got to have the grades AND the athletic scholarship to go there... I think he'll end up at Penn State. He's an honors student this year but, not high honors!

mamavalor
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Ain't it the truth!  But some people DO care, like my neighbors at the moment.  They would have given an arm or a leg if they could get their kid in there.  Best of luck to your daughter.  I didn't know there were bowling scholarships available.  :)

Quoting Xstitchinmom:

My dd will be a HS senior next year...she doesn't want to go to an Ivy League School and she's almost a straight A student. She wants to get a bowling scholarship at a local university. Who cares where one gets their degree...we have all worked our asses off for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)