Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

She wants to throw a party at my sisters house!!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 41 Replies

My dd is 14 and a HS freshman.  The weekend after school ends I'm going to my sisters house to house sit and take care of her dogs while she's goes camping for like 4 days My kids are coming with me and dh is staying home to take care of our pets. My dd wants to invite pretty much everyone she knows in school to a party that weekend at my sisters house. we live in a small apt with no pool where as my sister has a decent size house (the house i grew up in) and a pool.  My sister is cool with it but I'm not sure I am.  we are talking like up to 50 kids.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Uh, I wouldn't have that many kids at my own home, much less someone elses.  I would allow her to have a few friends, but 50 kids?  That's not a reasonable amount

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM

50 kids are a lot of kids.  From my experience only half will show up and remember you have to clean up after them and make sure they are safe in the pool!

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I suggested just having a few friends over but if she has a party and doesnt invite everyone it will ruin her social status for next year and she wont get invited to the good parties lol

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Uh, I wouldn't have that many kids at my own home, much less someone elses.  I would allow her to have a few friends, but 50 kids?  That's not a reasonable amount

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, my next responce would have been, "suck it up buttercup"  I would NEVER invite that many teens in my home.   

Quoting Msgme:

I suggested just having a few friends over but if she has a party and doesnt invite everyone it will ruin her social status for next year and she wont get invited to the good parties lol

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

leighp1
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM

No way would I have 50 kids at my house!!  I have a pool and all I can think of is that there is going to be a lot of horsing around and someone could get hurt and it would fall upon you!  I think you should put a limit on how many can come.  You are the adult, you are to be the responsible one.  I guarantee her "social status" will not be ruined, but your financial status could be.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
50 is wayyyy to many. My dd's had friends at the house most weekends. I would say 20 kids got crazy. 10 to 15 is more managable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Too bad and those who dump her for not getting invited are not her friends anyway.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I would be having her lower that number or it wouldn't be allowed

Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM

50 kids is way too many! I'm surprised your sister would be OK with a party that large at her house while she's away.

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM

my sis thinks i'm being a mean mom for not being sure its a good idea. 

Quoting Barabell:

50 kids is way too many! I'm surprised your sister would be OK with a party that large at her house while she's away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)