Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

She's driving me crazy!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 15 yr DD is driving me crazy. Back in Nov she was taking a shower one morning and blacked out. Needless to say, I called in work and rushed her to the hospital. One, I didn't know what caused her to black out, and two, I had no idea if she may have broken or busted something. She hit her head pretty hard. They done tests and blood work, the whole nine yards, to make sure nothing was broken. All her test came back fine for anything the doctor could think of other than she was dehydrated. She may weigh 110 soaking wet. Her older sister is overweight. I think years of listening to their dad degrade her sister and crap has made her not want to ever gain an ounce. She doesn't eat right. She's contanting skipping breakfast and/or lunch at school. When she gets home, she may or may not eat dinner. I've even tried making her sit til she's done, and she will sit there till bedtime and do nothing but twiddle her thumbs rather than eat if she decides she doesn't like it. She will eat chicken nuggets and strips from just about anywhere, except when I fix them at home. She likes chocolate, potato chips, cakes, cookies, but hardly anything healthy. She drinks pop as a main source of liquids, rarely ever getting water, tho she does drink milk when she's in the mood.

A few weeks ago, she had the flu. When she recovered from that, she kept her cough. It was a constant cough almost. One evening after they came home from their dads she had a bad coughing spell and started crying with her side hurting. Took her to the ER again, thinking maybe she cracked a rib. No cracked ribs, but the dr did say she thought she may have torn some ligatures between the ribs. She was also showing being dehydrated again and that since she was getting over the flu she needed to be drinking more water and gatorade and stuff to get her system healthy again.

She seems to have been feeling fine the last week or so, even if she won't eat a proper diet or drink water and stuff like the drs keep telling her to. I went in this morning to wake her up for school. She was complaining again with her ribs hurting again because she was coughing again after being in the night air at her brothers ball game last night and that she'd passed out in the shower again. There have supposedly been several times she has blacked out in the shower since Nov, but what gets me is that its always when she's in the shower and ususally everyone else is in the bed. I don't know if she's playing me for a fool or what. The drs say the only thing wrong her is her diet. She is perfectly healthy other than she needs to follow a better diet and drink more water. I've stopped buying junk food and pop. I'm about at my witts end and don't know what else to do. She's seen more than one doctor, so I don't think all of them could be wrong and missing something if there is something wrong. Sorry, but I just had to vent this morning.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM

You may also want to point out to her that water is the optimum "diet" drink; No calories AND good for you.  This will help her stay hydrated and hopefully end the passing out episodes.  She may also need more salt in her diet to help keep her blood pressure a little higher.  Have you considered that  she may have an eating disorder?  You may want to try having her talk to a therapist.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM

This

Quoting vlynn.iowa:

You may also want to point out to her that water is the optimum "diet" drink; No calories AND good for you.  This will help her stay hydrated and hopefully end the passing out episodes.  She may also need more salt in her diet to help keep her blood pressure a little higher.  Have you considered that  she may have an eating disorder?  You may want to try having her talk to a therapist.

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

mystictigeress
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I've discussed it with her family doctor. She doesn't seem to think it's an eating disorder. I've tried taking her to a therapist, but she either says what they want to hear or says nothing at all, then its a fight between us because she doesn't want to go. Her blood pressure does run slightly on the low side, but the drs say thats normal for her weight and age. I hadn't thought of pointing that out to her about those benefits of water. I'll try that. I think if she'd eat just a little more and drink more water she'd be alright.

Quoting vlynn.iowa:

02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

It sounds like she might be throwing up and if she is doing it in the shower she could be passing out because of if.  I know people that did this for weight control she might need help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)