Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenage Brain

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Its only Wednesday and alreay twice this week hes forgotten his keys and his lunch, he "forgets" to mention notes from teachers he "forgets" his books for class he "forgets" that i sent him to clean his room... Anyone else having this with their teen??

by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Wow, that is bad or he doesn't care. I would not bring him things either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandaboo99
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I dont know, Its really hard to tell with teens if they actually forget to do something or they just dont care. Once the teen-itude kicks in its like theyre a totally different kid!!

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM

My son seems to forget more as a teenager. I remember doing it, myself, as a teen, and it really pissed my mom off. I think some of it is related to the teenager brain. I try to be patient, but at the same time, I don't want to be taken advantage of either!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Hmmm...Selective memory?    One of my sons has ADD, and he remembers food and keys, lol!

I would have him set his things out the night before...on top of his shoes!

sabrtooth1
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM

My dds have ADD.  Their father says, unless they take their meds, they'd forget to wipe their butts.

mandaboo99
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM

My son had obstructive sleep apnea which did affect him behaviour wise until he had his tonsils and adenoinds out but not since. this is all new, right around the time he turned 13 he started with this "forgetting"

jthompson1976
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM

my son has very bad memory he is teen ager but he always has for gotten alot stuff... 

02nana07
by Ida on May. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM

With that much he could need to take B6 it helps with memory if there is really a problem.

Since it just started happening talk to a dr if you think there might be a problem.  

daisykat
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM
My understanding, from a tv show I saw on... dammit, I can't remember the show or the channel, but it was a show about human development and one of the things they talked about was teenagers, and in particular teenage boys. The one thing that really stuck with me was when they spoke about teenage boys' memories. I have a teenage son, too, and another that will be a teen soon and apparently it's a stage of brain development, and something about it causes them to be routinely forgetful. I'll have to find the source now because it's driving me crazy. THAT SAID... that excuse only goes so far. Have him leave notes for himself all around to remind him of what needs to be done or taken with him when he goes somewhere. But don't go too hard on him- apparently he has a medical excuse (just don't tell him that) LOL
mandaboo99
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM

He just saw the dr a couple weeks ago, and all is well. I might try the b6 though thanks!!  Also the notes, he has his agenda, but he lost it, got a new one, then found it :P He is an awesome kid. funny and smart, its gotta be the teenage brain :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)