Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I happened to see some bruises on my son's back yesterday.  They look reddish with maybe some purple dots in them.  VERY THIN and definitely bruises and not scratches.  I brought it up to a friend of mine and she said they might be from a locker.  Sounds exactly right.  Now the problem is this: How do you find out who is bullying him and why?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Replies (11-16):
suesues
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM

ask him might have fallen then go to school if he was hurt there

PurpleHazey
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Listen to him, somewhere in something he says or someone else say will drop a clue.

PurpleHazey
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting suesues:

ask him might have fallen then go to school if he was hurt there

Yes, but these school knows what goes on in the halls, I would start by calling the school, hell they have cameras all over the place. We live in a little City and we have to call before we can be allowed threw the doors because they are locked at all times.

Crafty8852
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

My son and some of his friends were being bullied, I found out from another mom via text message that they filed bully reports. When I contacted the principal she said it's not her job to notify me, my son should have done that. Yeah, like a 13yo boy wants to tell his mom he's being bullied? Smdh. He was embarrassed. He apparently brought it up to his counselor (outside of school) and THEY are in contact with the school now to find out why nothing was said. Plus I wrote a little letter to the Superintendent's office. Still waiting to hear a reply...Good luck with your son, I hope everything turns out ok!

Carmen66
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

i say talk to him and get him to open up about it. I handle things different, i would of gone to the school raging and get answers and ask who the hell is bullying my child. I will not tolerate that behavior, when i was younger if we got bullied we'd take care of it. It's sad knowing that a principal would say that its not her job to notify a parent, the hell it is. If her kid was being bullied she would want the school to let her know.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Well I talked to him and he refuses to tell me and says he has no idea where he got them and has no idea that he had them until I said something.  Said the same thing to the counselor.  I took pictures of them.  There are quite a few more than I originally thought but I wasn't really counting when I looked at them the first time.  I'm going to keep an  eye out and see if they show up again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN