Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

graduation song?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

dd just told me the class picked their graduation song today.  I was a bit confused thinking it would be the Pomp and Circumstance March, but apparently each class chooses a song or two to be played right after that.

Her class chose the theme song from The Breakfast Club movie - 

Dont You Forget About Me by Simple Minds.

does your child's h.s. do this?  if so, what song did they choose?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on May. 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM

yes ,don't remember my oldest class song but I think my daughter's class song was Old Days by Chicago or at least that's the one she voted

fammatthews4
by Trisha on May. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
My HS did when I was a senior. Here though the kids HS does not
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I can't remember the name of it - but my DD's school was given one of John Mayers songs the one that goes "I wanna run through the halls of my high school, I wanna scream at the top of my lungs"...Nobody really cared about the song to be honest.

EyEmTuRtLe
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I have no clue yet how my DS's school does it. Namely because I only have one kiddo an he just started high school. LOL

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Quoting GleekingOut:

I can't remember the name of it - but my DD's school was given one of John Mayers songs the one that goes "I wanna run through the halls of my high school, I wanna scream at the top of my lungs"...Nobody really cared about the song to be honest.

" No such thing " is the name of the song.

Our HS uses Pomp & Circumstance.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

sabrtooth1
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Oh gosh yes.  Older dd's was "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan, played over a slide show.  There wasn't a dry eye in the place.  Younger dd's was "Here's To The Night" by Eve 6, and since it had just come out the year before EVERYONE knew it, and sang along.  It was an anthem.

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Yeah - a few of the parents had eyes raised at that song, but the kids loved it, especially the "top of my lungs" bit :P

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting GleekingOut:

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting GleekingOut:

Yeah - a few of the parents had eyes raised at that song, but the kids loved it, especially the "top of my lungs" bit :P

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting GleekingOut:

I used that song for my sons Graduation Video.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

sahlady
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM
They didn't get to choose it?

Quoting GleekingOut:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM

It was a choice between that song or another song, that was slower and had a nicer set of lyrics (can't even remember it now) but they all wanted the fun song. Nobody wanted to add any other songs or anything. DD really wanted to suggest a few songs but she got shut down very quickly

Quoting sahlady:

They didn't get to choose it?

Quoting GleekingOut:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN