Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How would you feel if you found out your teenager was having sex underage?

How would you address the issue?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (31-38):
MrsBLB
by Missi on May. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I would be pretty disappointed.  I would be talking seriously to them about the consequences.

MrsBLB
by Missi on May. 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Good luck.  Please let us know how it goes.

loveutiltheend
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I'd be okay with it, its her choice and my daughter's an emotional bisexual so we don't have to worry about the pregnancy part.

marney.p
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM

If she is bisexual then I would have thought pregnancy could happen. Or am I missing something?

I would be very pro active and vocal. Anything to stop teenage pregnancy.

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Well my oldest is 19 and he's still a virgin.  My youngest is 14 and she's never been kissed yet (not that I'm aware of).  My daughter and I are open, so I would hope that she would come to me about something like that.

Andreams76
by on May. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
my 17 year old daughter has been with her boyfriend for a year, about 6 months ago she told me she was having sex. We talked about it and I took her to get birth control. I had her get the implant in her arm because at 17 I can't expect her to take a pill every day.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Well #1 it depends what you mean by underage?  By 17ish I would make sure they knew how to be safe and supply them with contraception.  If you are talking 12-15 I would never be allowing them out of my sight and if the opposite person was older than 16 I would be going to the police. 

Msgme
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM

To be hones I would be very sad. U said underage so I'm thinking 16 and younger.  I talk about it with my kids all the time.  When the time comes i hope they use the into they have learned and keep themselves safe.  When my son was 15 (last year) His very first girlfriend was pregnant with her 2nd child when they met. Altho the relationship was very  brief it gave him a uniquie perspective.  I don't worry with him as much (1) because he's almost 17 so his age isnt that big of a factor (2) he strongly believes in waiting for marriage.  How long that will last I don't know.  But for now.   I would also have them chat again with my neice who  is HIV positive. She's also dealt with other std's.  she's had conversations with them in the past  and probably will again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)