Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Going back to the basics

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am tired of entitled children, therefore I am going to the basics.  My kids (the girls anyways) are basically good, but have everything they want!  I think we are going back to the basics and enjoying time instead of things.  They are going on vacation this year, 2 of them, but they are going to be mini vacations.  3 Nights in Orlando and 3 nights in Daytona Beach.  This gives me the time to spend with them doing things we all like and get to know the young adults they are becoming.

No more are we getting them the latest phones, video games, computers, etc.  They are going to have provided for them enjoyable memories.  It might cost a tad bit more, but they are going to be spending time with friends and family.  Something that will help them in the long run.

by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Have fun!

SuperLooneyMom
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM
That's good to see.
Carmel63
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM

We are not big on stuff, and I refuse to buy smart phones.  I am a sucker for spending money on lessons, tutors, extra curricular activities, and traveling.  

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Sounds like a good plan.

I admit I laughed at teens having everything they want!   Is there any such thing?

jojo_star
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Have fun, but you can have both. We are a very close family, we do many things together, our kids are always doing things they like together as siblings or all of us as a family, and they still have all the latest and greatest technology, and they aren't entitled. 

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Great point, I agree life is all about balance

Quoting jojo_star:

Have fun, but you can have both. We are a very close family, we do many things together, our kids are always doing things they like together as siblings or all of us as a family, and they still have all the latest and greatest technology, and they aren't entitled. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Sounds like a plan. But I have to ask, have you let THEM in on it yet? 

suesues
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM

greaT now if we can just get the rest of society to follow

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Have fun~

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Lucky you for having greatful children!  You certainly have a good bunch if you do!

Quoting jojo_star:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)