Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Be an only child or have siblings?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
shorty13417
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM

have siblings.... i have 3 sisters (1 has passed away though) and 1 brother.   now, my son on the other hand, he is an only child...i think i would go crazy being an only child.

wakymom
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Have siblings, although I know there were times I wished otherwise growing up : )

gwen_b
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Have siblings.  I have three sisters.

metalmomma86
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM
5 older brothers. When I was a kid, Iused to wish I was an only child but now I wouldn't trade them for the world
Manth
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I have (had) two sisters and one brother.  One sister was only 2 years younger than me and we fought like cat and dog growing up - until someone picked on one of us when it was Us Against The World!  She passed away nearly 9 years ago and I miss her so much - we were great friends as adults.

My next sister down was 5 years younger than me.  We weren't friends much as kids, really not much in common then but I was kind of a Second Mum to her.  She had dreadful trouble with tangled hair and I was the only one she would let brush it because I was gentle and eased the knots out rather than tugging.  We spent ages sitting together, me easing the knots out and her talking about her day.  We are very close now.

My brother is 10 years younger than me.  We didn't have much in common growing up and even less now that he is a drug addict with mental illnesses that have taken him away from most of the family.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 6, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I'm an only
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachel499
by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM

sibs

mamabear0791
by on May. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

definitely siblings.  my dd is an only and she hates it.  I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters  including steps. There was always something going on and no  room to be lonely.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM

This is how my sons are~ they are 3 years apart.

Quoting drfink:

one sister.We were enemies one moment and best friends the next,now I don't know what I would do without her.She feels the same.

We have our own friends ,our own BFFs and share some friends also .

drfink
by Emily on May. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM

LOL my sister and I are three years apart.I'm older.

.It is SOOOOOO true for my 15 and 16 y.o. sons.One minute they can barely be polite to each other...probably they are polite only because I'm in the area....then 5 minutes later asking if they can go to a movie together laughing and talking.

Quoting mumsy2three:

This is how my sons are~ they are 3 years apart.

Quoting drfink:

one sister.We were enemies one moment and best friends the next,now I don't know what I would do without her.She feels the same.

We have our own friends ,our own BFFs and share some friends also .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)