Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

fleas

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

my daughter has fleas on her head what do i do!!! she has school tomorrow!!!

by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Fleas or lice?  More than likely it's lice.  I would go and get something called RID or something like that and treat her hair.  Also needed is to treat any bedding.  All stuffed animals and clothing must be washed, matresses must be vaccummed and make sure you get all sides of it and the box spring.  Vaccum the house.  Everyone should be treated.

If you are positive it is fleas, I really have no help for you, this will probably work but the source of the fleas (pets) have to be treated as well.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Try this, it says that dog fleas do NOT live on people.

http://www.pestcontrolnaturally.com/kill-fleas-on-humans.html

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I am a former Vet Tech (my job during college) and the PP is correct.  Humans don't typically get fleas.  They would have to be living in an environment completely infested for a long period of time.  More likely she has lice.  Again follow the PP's advice. 

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Fleas? It has to be lice, I would go to a 24 hour pharmacy and ask where to get the medicine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Any updates on this? Was it lice instead? Did you keep your daughter home from school today?

02nana07
by Ida on May. 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Just wondering if this is real since there is no update and it is a new member that always makes me wonder.  But if it is real you need to treat the house and the child to prevent her from getting them again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)