Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Step-Son's First Fight

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

On Thursday, my 14 year old step-son was about 30 minutes late coming home from the bus - turns out that he got into a fight with another kid after the bus had left. After getting the story out of him, it sounded like it was mostly caused by my step-son. This day was coming and, this sounds awful, I wasn't sad that he got his @$$ roughed up a little bit. He has a big mouth, we kept telling him that he needs to cool it down before his mouth wrote a check that his butt couldn't cover - and that day finally came.

Neither kid was hurt too badly (a scratch or two) and SS's ego was damaged worse than his body was. Is it sad that I'm glad that day came and went, so maybe he'll take us more seriously when we tell him to think before he speaks? I'm hoping this calms his attitude down before he's in high school this fall and smarts off to some bigger, older kid who won't be as nice to him.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kthomasson
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM

No, I think sometimes they need to learn these little life lessons before their egos get too big.......I'm glad he wasn't hurt too badly!

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on May. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM
This exactly... I have a 14 year old son who is also going into h.s. next year and my son sometimes has a big mouth and Ive told him before that hes gonna open his big mouth in front of the wrong person and end up getting his ass kicked, but it hasnt happened yet.

Quoting kthomasson:

No, I think sometimes they need to learn these little life lessons before their egos get too big.......I'm glad he wasn't hurt too badly!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Not at all.    Consider it a life lesson.   He is lucky that is was as mild as it was... he could mouth off to the wrong people and end up seriously injured.

daisykat
by on May. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM
This was a good lesson for him as to what can happen if you have a big mouth. Too bad it had to come to that, but I'm sure it brought him down a peg or two and now perhaps he'll give mouthing off to someone a second thought.

"His mouth is going to write a check his butt can't cover." Bwahahahaha!!!! I'm stealing that line from you and using it!
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Sometimes they have to learn the hard way, at least it wasn't too bad.
PurpleHazey
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Oh boy sounds like my Austin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)