Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Cyber bullying? How would you go about this situation?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

This is actually an issue i'm having with my younger dd  (10) but the advice i get here I know will be the best on cafemom. 

My dd is 10 and in 5th grade.  She has a friend who is 11 and in 6th grade.  The friend has been getting some really horrible disgusting comments sent to her phone  via something called Kick. My teen dd says its some kind of messenger.  My 10 year old does not have a cell phone.  I'm talking really bad things like death threats and rape threats etc...    the kid doesnt know where they are coming from. (altho i think she herself is behind it) So she's going thru the blame game, at least mom is.  First she blamed another friend of my dd It wasnt her.  Then she went on to blame someone else etc etc. etc.. until she decided to blame my dd.  Before my dd's name was thrown in the mix i stayed out of it.  I wanted nothing to do with and I really don't like my kid to have anything to do with the girl thats getting the threats.   First it was the rumors that it was my kid.  Then came the accusation by the girls mother.  I may not have handled it all that well.

by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this
10 and 11 year olds do not need phones. IF they have one, no texting.
The parent needs to go to the police and also disable texting on her kids phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

The parent needs to go to the police and also disable texting on her kids phone.

My first thought when this all broke out was get rid of the damm messenger and you can't get nasty messages  lol.   Apparently the kid doesnt want the police involved (probably because they'd find out it was her behind it)

metalmomma86
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM
If your daughter does not have a phone or an ipod she doesn't.have Kik. Can't send the messages. End of story.
Msgme
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Quoting metalmomma86:

If your daughter does not have a phone or an ipod she doesn't.have Kik. Can't send the messages. End of story.

One would think so.   The woman was very upset when she came to me.  And in her place I'd be upset to. So at first i said I'm sorry your daughter is going thru this but its not tori sending the messages.  She doesnt have a phone. and from what i'm told you need a phone or something to use it.  Apparently that didnt matter to mom.  My dd was confronted yesterday evening by 2 of the girls friends who are also blaming my dd and they threatend to beat her up. They did the same threatening to the other girls that were blamed as well. Tori doesnt take getting threatened very well.  My older dd at 10 would of said i'm telling my mom and walk away.  where as tori will roll her sleeves up and say I tripple dog dare you, go for it..

metalmomma86
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell the mother that if they don't back off of your kid, you will go to the police and let them handle it.. they will figure out who is doing it..

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting metalmomma86:

One would think so.   The woman was very upset when she came to me.  And in her place I'd be upset to. So at first i said I'm sorry your daughter is going thru this but its not tori sending the messages.  She doesnt have a phone. and from what i'm told you need a phone or something to use it.  Apparently that didnt matter to mom.  My dd was confronted yesterday evening by 2 of the girls friends who are also blaming my dd and they threatend to beat her up. They did the same threatening to the other girls that were blamed as well. Tori doesnt take getting threatened very well.  My older dd at 10 would of said i'm telling my mom and walk away.  where as tori will roll her sleeves up and say I tripple dog dare you, go for it..

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I'm going to agree here. This could very well be nobody the other girl knows, and to go around accusing people without evidence is crazy. Especially a little girl who doesn't even have a phone.

Quoting metalmomma86:

Tell the mother that if they don't back off of your kid, you will go to the police and let them handle it.. they will figure out who is doing it..

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting metalmomma86:

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I agree too.

All this hearsay doesn't help the situation. It's making it worse. If they're worried about the threats, then the police need to be involved. Death threats and rape threats are serious and should be handled by the proper authorities.

Quoting metalmomma86:

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting metalmomma86:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I agree with this~

Quoting metalmomma86:

Tell the mother that if they don't back off of your kid, you will go to the police and let them handle it.. they will figure out who is doing it.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Completely agree with this as well~

Quoting atlmom2:

metalmomma86
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM
It is completely possible for the girl to be sending the messages to herself thru kik..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN