Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College schedule to home

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

LOL, DD's been home about 10 days.  She is still in the mode staying up till 2am and getting up around 10.  At least she isn't sleeping all day.  I wouldn't allow that and never have anyway to sleep the day away. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
drfink
by Emily on May. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM

yes ,I feel ya !

Also the leaving without mentioning anything ,I realize at school they came and went without saying anything but at home she needs to let one of us know .She doesn't object and quickly gets back to just letting me or her dad know she's leaving in ways  other than the door shutting. But the first few days getting her back into family style life...her older brother was the same.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM
She does tell me where she is going. I don't have to ask. Heck my oldest that is on her own now still tells me her plans, work schedule etc.

Quoting drfink:

yes ,I feel ya !

Also the leaving without mentioning anything ,I realize at school they came and went without saying anything but at home she needs to let one of us know .She doesn't object and quickly gets back to just letting me or her dad know she's leaving in ways  other than the door shutting. But the first few days getting her back into family style life...her older brother was the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM

My dd works evening and nights. She's on the night shift schedule like my husband. She doesn't sleep all day, like her dad,  but she is rarely out of bed before noon.

drfink
by Emily on May. 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Normally I don't have to ask but the first week or so it is weird.Going out with friends she let's us know.Today again I hear the door shut and lock.She was just going to the pharmacy to get her Asthma meds and the little cupcake store for her favorite.No big deal but she didn't even say a word.The big stuff she mentions ,the little tiddly stuff is the issue.My husband is cooler about it ,for me it irritates me.It could be she isn't on her ADD patch till she starts her summer job next week.Big stuff stands out but the little stuff ...could be but it still irritates me.

Quoting atlmom2:

She does tell me where she is going. I don't have to ask. Heck my oldest that is on her own now still tells me her plans, work schedule etc.

Quoting drfink:

yes ,I feel ya !

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on May. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

It took about a few weeks last year for my DS to adjust from being in his dorm at school and back home. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)