Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Hi All, Checking in

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Where to start? LOL. I just finished up Spring Term ~ did well right up to finals. John is gearing up to Graduate May 24th and I can't be there.

A week ago Saturday, I got a call my Dad had a stroke. Since he is my grandma's primary caregiver, we were very concerned. I flew down on the first available flight on Sunday. Dad was supposed to stay in the hospital for 3 to 4 weeks, but ended up there for 6 days before being transfered to Rehab. last Friday.

His insurance will only cover 2 weeks of inpatient rehab. So since he will need help once he's home, we are moving down to Florida. College for me will be put on hold until I figure out how much help Dad will need. Grandma on the other hand needs around the clock care, and there is a Nurse Service that comes out twice a week to help her bathe and they come out every three weeks to check/change her catheter.

We had planned on moving down in 2015, so we just readjusted our plans.

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
02nana07
by Ida on May. 7, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry about your dad but glad you are able to be there for him

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on May. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry about your dad.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry about your dad. I hope things work out well with the move and changing schools.

Kudos to you and your family for stepping up and doing the right thing.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs Wyndi~ sorry about your dad.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on May. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry about your Dad.     It sounds like your life is a bit topsy turvy, now.  Hang in there!

Wyndi
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Grandma's nurse was just out and she said whatever I'm doing keep it up cause she's looking good. She asked Grandma if she has any complaints and all Grandma said was Stephen (my dad) was not here and that I feed her too much. But that my cooking is great.

I was feeling horrible cause she fell the first day I was here and then I had to take her to the doctor and she has a UTI, but the doctor said we caught it early. I had to be sneaky about taking her to the doctor cause she does not like going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)