Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How Awesome is This Prom Story!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

Girl Stood Up for Prom Is Saved By Boy Every Mom Wishes Were Her Son (VIDEO)

by Lindsay Mannering

prom heroIt's like something right out of a teen romantic comedy -- all that's missing is a convertible Jeep Wrangler and a Smash Mouth soundtrack. Bryan Hayes, 18, was working the evening shift at Jim's Hamburgers and Hot Dogs in Graham, North Carolina, when a freshman girl walked in -- she was wearing a yellow prom dress and was in tears. A senior had stood her up on prom night, and she was understandably crushed.

Bryan, however, knew just what to do.

A customer put on some music and Bryan asked the heartbroken girl, Kelsey Baker, to dance with him in front of everyone.

The two cut a rug right there in the restaurant, and Kelsey couldn't have been happier.

Solid guy.

I guess what they say is true: teenagers, although fast and dangerous behind the wheel, really do serve a purpose. Bryan's act was thoughtful, totally sweet, and 100 percent selfless.

We all want to raise our sons to be like Bryan and do our best to ensure they don't turn out to be the douchey senior who stands up a girl on prom night.

No word on why Bryan didn't have prom plans himself, but something tells me he won't have a problem finding a date in the future. After he posted the photo of Kelsey and him on Reddit and Imgur, he got over 900 comments and 740,000 views.

Bryan and Kelsy actually danced to "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer ... which is on the She's All That soundtrack. A rom com night if ever there was one.

Laney Boggs forever.

Video here

How great is this prom story?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
My brothers best friend's sister was stood up at prom. My brother said the Dad wanted to kill him.
My DD's friend had gone out a couple times with a guy and went to prom. After dinner he dumped her and she didn't see him the rest of the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by Ida on May. 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That boys mother should be proud what a great guy

sissy502
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM

this story actually made me cry!!

CampClan
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I hope I am raising my sons to be upstanding like this young man!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)